Day/NIte Shades That Sag

DARLING

We have Irvine Day/Nite Shades & they are in great shape, but 1 end of the shade
pleats(?) sag flat and 1 end the pleats are sharp. When I have then on the Day side you can really notice it but when we pull the Nite side down, the pleats are sharp. Is there anything I can do to recrease the pleats sharp again so they don't look saggy? Thanks

rjf7g

Re: Day/NIte Shades That Sag

Is the tension in the string the issue or something else? Saggy pleats...is something or someone leaning up against the shade at times? Has it gotten wet?

msjackie

Our dog Suga tries to look out of our pleats and if it is in the way he chews that part off. I agree with Becky, sounds like someone is using it as a prop.

elkhartjim

RE: Day/NIte Shades That Sag

We had the same problem...not a good crease. We solved it by raising the day shade enough to get creases and then using spray starch on the shade. Let it set and dry good and it will be like starched jeans from the laundry. Great crease. You may have to do this once a year or so.
Jim

DARLING

The tension on the strings are tight. The 1 shade is at the end of the kit table & the other is ar the end of the couch. Nothis is touching either one. Does not appear that they ever got wet(no water stains). Will the spray starh leave a stain?
Thanks Darling

elkhartjim

We've sprayed all our shades. They are a cream color and I can't find any stain or discoloration.
As they always say....try in a place you can;t easily see at first.

DARLING

Thanks for the info Jim. Mine are lite cream also. Will try tomorrow. Need to get the spray starch.
Darling

DARLING

Jim
Sprayed the shades today will let dry a day or 2 collapsed tight. Will let you know how well it works.
Thanks Darling

DARLING

Jim
Sprayed the shades LIGHTLY yesterday(noonish). I just pulled the shade down & the pleats look like new. WOW. Thanks You.
Darling

elkhartjim

I'm glad it worked so well. Actually, I was told to do this by Fleetwood. Happy RVing.
Jim