DC VOLTS

H2H1

Morning everyone, I been out pre-loading up the MH and checking everything out for next month trip. As I was checking out my Sat radio and GPS I found that I had noDV volts to my cigarette. lighters(2).I ck the 20 A fuse and they seemed to be ok. I also ck the fuse at the tip of the plugs all looked ok. So does anyone have a suggestion where my problem may be?

DL Rupper

Re: DC VOLTS

Did you turn on the MH ignition key. Some vechicles only have power to the 12 V power plugs when the ignition key is turned on.

TexasClodhopper

Hollis, I wired in a harness on my MH just for my Garmin GPS and SAT antenna just so I could get away from the cig lighter plug. They were never designed to be an electronic equipment connector.

You might just have a corrosion or rusting problem in the socket. I did. I could twist the plug and make the connection.

H2H1

D I will have to doL THE switch doesn't have to in the on position. they are hot all the time.

TC that may be what I do next. I got my tech coming this week to ck everything out and that one of the things I may get him to do.

thanks

G

Hollis ,, if u have a test light ,, ck it u'r self ,, ck for power and ground ,, the center part of the outlet is the power point and the outter is the ground ,, and u may have a ground prob ,,, instead of a power prob ,,, if u happen to touch the test light to the side of the outlet while testing the center ,, and it blows a fuse ,, never mind testing the ground ,, cause ,, YEP it got one ,, u just found out ,,, i do this sometimes to save time ,, if i ground out a 12v circuit and it pops the fuse ,, power and ground are ok .... :approve: :approve: :cool:

And Tex ,, i know what u'r going to say ,, no i don't do this on all circuits ,, just ones that have there own fuse and are not part of the electronics ,, mostly do it on the above type stuff and on trailer and MH lighting :laugh: :laugh: ;) ;) :eek: :eek:

G

now u expect me to use one of my brand new fuses in a blown fuse circuit ,, it cost money ,, but i got plenty of tin foil ,, and it makes alot of smoke when something happens to the circuit ,, that way the owner nows he's got a prob with the fuse ,, and to think they have those new LED fuses to show u that they are blown ,, heck a little smoke will tell u right away ,, but most people couldn't see it ,, because they would be running to fast AWAY from the vehicle to ck for a fuse prob ,,, hey i'm JK on this ,, and tex u'r right ,, i do this on some things ,, but my first ounce of trouble shooting is ck the fuse first (basics) ,, then go from there ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :clown: :eek: :approve: :approve: