Desperately Seeking Starcraft

TRU2AU

Yes I purchased a 1975 Starcraft Starmaster 6 pop-up camper. I am doing alot of work on it and I was told by the guy that I bought it from that I can still get parts for it. He said he had the owners manual and was going to mail it as soon as he found it. That was five weeks ago. :disapprove: He also said I would be able to look it up on the internet. I have looked all over the internet trying to find parts for a 1975 Starcraft camper but have not been able to have any luck. I am also trying to figure out if the side arms that raise it can be adjusted. One side is lower than the other. It was like that when I bought it and he told me it was because it wasn't level and it didn't have jacks on that side. I am Desperately Seeking Starcraft. :( Please help a tiger in alabama. Thanks a bunch...........TRU2AU

herbneffie

TRU2AU,
Try: Taylor Brown Starcraft Dealer 800-334-4662
Classic RV 800-995-7929
Something for sure is out of whack on the side arms. Perhaps one of the technicians at the
above shops can help. Hope someone will come forward on this forum that knows exactly what you
need to do to solve the problem. Good Luck !
herbneffie

Cliff

I mentioned this in reponse to the same question on another forum, but will answer it here to for the sake of anyone interested. The problem is, the lifter arms are breaking out through the bottom of the floor. It's just particle board underneath of them, and over the years the vibration and rubbing action combined with the weight pushing down on them, coupled with moisture from below cause these lifter arms to bust through the floor board. It's happened to both of my 2 older Starcraft trailers. A small metal plate needs to be slipped in underneath the arms inside the trailer. On mine, these helped some, but wound up welding some angle iron to the frame underneath the floor where the arms were protruding through, this worked better. I had to adjust the cables to make up the difference in lifter height...

Not a big job, but a pain the ???? :dead:

jaycoman

quote:Originally posted by TRU2AU

Yes I purchased a 1975 Starcraft Starmaster 6 pop-up camper. I am doing alot of work on it and I was told by the guy that I bought it from that I can still get parts for it. He said he had the owners manual and was going to mail it as soon as he found it. That was five weeks ago. :disapprove: He also said I would be able to look it up on the internet. I have looked all over the internet trying to find parts for a 1975 Starcraft camper but have not been able to have any luck. I am also trying to figure out if the side arms that raise it can be adjusted. One side is lower than the other. It was like that when I bought it and he told me it was because it wasn't level and it didn't have jacks on that side. I am Desperately Seeking Starcraft. :( Please help a tiger in alabama. Thanks a bunch...........TRU2AU

jaycoman

jaycoman

YOU WILL PROBABLY FIND A BROKEN PULLEY EITHER UNDERNEAT ABOUT MIDWAY--JUST GET UNDER THE UNIT AND FOLLOW THE CABLES--YOU WILL FIND THE PULLEYS THERE--OR WITHIN THE LIFTERS THEMSELVES--YOU WILL ALSO FIND PULLEYS--STARCRAFT HAS HAD A WORLD OF PROBLEMS WITH THE PLASTIC PULLEYS AND REPLACED THEM WITH METAL---PARTS ARE AVAILABLE EITHER THREU A STARCRAFT DEALER OR STARCRAFT FACTORY IN MIDDLEBURY, IND--I AM BASING MY DIAGNOSIS AFTER MANY YEARS IN THE PAST OF SERVICING STARCRAFT RV

jaycoman

YOU WILL PROBABLY FIND A BROKEN PULLEY EITHER UNDERNEAT ABOUT MIDWAY--JUST GET UNDER THE UNIT AND FOLLOW THE CABLES--YOU WILL FIND THE PULLEYS THERE--OR WITHIN THE LIFTERS THEMSELVES--YOU WILL ALSO FIND PULLEYS--STARCRAFT HAS HAD A WORLD OF PROBLEMS WITH THE PLASTIC PULLEYS AND REPLACED THEM WITH METAL---PARTS ARE AVAILABLE EITHER THREU A STARCRAFT DEALER OR STARCRAFT FACTORY IN MIDDLEBURY, IND--I AM BASING MY DIAGNOSIS AFTER MANY YEARS IN THE PAST OF SERVICING STARCRAFT RV
IF I CAN BE OF SERVICE--EMAIL RBRODY2088@AOL.COM