Diesel Mileage

Shorty

Since the new lower sulfur fuel has been out has anyone seen a drop in their mileage?
People I know w/ diesel pickups have noticed a 2-3 mpg drop. One tried the new bio fuel and said that the mileage came back, but this was only once.

I realize that the newer diesels are supposed to handle it but the ones I'm looking to get into are late 90s.

And as always, any insight from y’all is welcome

Aarrr

G

RE: Diesel Mileage

I WILL not use the bio stuff in mine cause it has effects on the injectors ,, it clogs them up ,, and as far as fuel milage i get almost 13mpg outta mine ,, going up hill or down... :eek:

G

Re: Diesel Mileage

I have a 97 Alegro Bus 40ft with a Cummins 300hp (many mods) :) :)

Shorty

Test drove 1 yesterday
wife said that it was a rough ride in the back of the coach...noisy too.
Told her that I didn't hear a thing ;)

DL Rupper

In response to the initial thread and question: My Dodge Cummins diesel pickup (2003) still gets 23.5/mpg at 65 mph with the new ultra low sulfur diesel. As long as it comes out of a Dodge Cummins, It smells good tooooo!!!!! :approve: :bleh: :eek:

C Nash

Now I KNOW DL is sniffing to many of them fumes :eek: . 23.5 MPG towing :eek: Hey DL recond one of them Dodge diesels would tow my MH. :laugh: That way I can tow the MH and leave the toad home :laugh: Guess I could get around 30 MPG in the Dodge while sigh seeing :bleh: And I generally drive 55 wow. Bet I could squezzzze 40 out of it :) :) ;) :evil: