Diesel Price

DL Rupper

RE: Diesel Price

Diesel is finally down to $2.46/gallon in Dayton. Its all Bush's fault. We need to tax it more. Oh, that's not the right response for it going down. Lets see, gee folks lets say hey big oil whats the matter with you, you're selling it too cheap. Or lets give big oil some well fare, surely they are not making enough profit now. For some reason all we hear is the sounds of silence when it goes down. :evil: The price of oil can't be related to the law of supply and demand, futures speculators and oil cartels. Can it? :approve:

DL Rupper

Well you know. Diesel powers our RV's and RV tow engines so, well you know. :laugh: :clown: :approve: :bleh:

ianf66

You dont know how lucy you lot are over that side of the Atlantic !!! in the UK we are paying paying 94p per litre for Deisel and 88p per litre for Petrol, and prices have come down over the last few months deisel was over £1.00 per litre. Those of us over here with petrol RV's have to get them converted to run on LPG which cost between 38p - 45p a litre.

Ian

DL Rupper

Re: Diesel Price

ianf66, Hi, welcome to the forum. Please let us know what the price of fuel over on the otherside of the pond converts to in U.S. $$$. Most of don't know if your prices mean that we are getting a good deal or robbed.

ianf66

Hi DL

Thanks for the welcome,

There is 3.785 litre to a US Gallon so deisel equates to £3.56 a gallon = $2.09 (Exhchange rate of 1.7 $ to the £)
Petrol equates to £3.33 a gallon = $1.96.
I guess i was wrong :blush: the strong exchange rate is in our favour thou :laugh:

Our gallon is bigger than your gallon :laugh: thats a first the UK having something bigger than the US. UK gallon = 4.546 litres and the US gallon is 3.785

Ian

ianf66

Hi DL,
Yeh thats our first RV its was a R-Vision Trail Lite 271, we had it for a year then imported a Condor 1330 from the US. If you look in the album page i have posted some pictures of the Condor.

Ian

ianf66

Hi DL
Yeh we sure do, the size can be bit of a problem on some of our camp site here in the Uk though :(

I take it 5W = Fifth wheel unit??

Grandview Trailer Sa

Well, the prices are stuck here in central VA. For weeks now regular gas has been $1.99. As soon as it got under $2.00, it quit going down. Diesel was $1.49 when gas hit the low, but has finally gone to $1.39. Been there about a week now.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Well, since the election, gas prices have gone up about $.10/gal. Luckly for me, diesel is still the same ($2.39), but I was traveling in a nearby town this past weekend and saw diesel for $2.70. Worries me because we usually follow suit....

Sorry, I meant 2.39 in my last post, just realized what I wrote.

DL Rupper

Golly darn, I was just ready to go fill up. Heck now I'll just have to wait for our local Wally-world diesel to come down some more. Deck-the-halls, they will wish me a free MERRY CHRISTMAS. What more can I ask for? Well I guess I'll just have to wait until "08" for that. I know, I won't say what I really mean by that little slip. :laugh:

darwinbene

DL
I wish those prices were here in NE Colorado. Diesel is $2.62, thats about $.43 cents more than your part of the country. To the NW of here along I76 at Atwood, CO it is $2.48 or was about a week ago. It just doen't figure. Of course in Cheyenne, WY, about 100 miles NW, it is most likely about your price range. Of course, it is a privilege to live in Colorado. Vehicles, RVs, and any thing to do with recreations is more in Colorado.

I guess I am done venting. Darwin ;)

DL Rupper

Hey Darwin, diesel here in Dayton, is running $2.43 to $2.79/gal. Not to good yet. Better than $3.25/gal last Summer. Wife and I just wish we could get back on the road, we would gladly pay it. Unfortunately my Mom has other idea right now. We were in Durango last Spring. Loved it. :)