diesel v/s gas

big bilko

with the cost of gas and the cost of diesel do you have available in USA L,P.G. to use as fuel to run your vehicles. I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY REFERENCE TO IT ON YOUR CHAT ROOMS. IT IS COMMONPLACE IN AUSTRALIA AND IT IS HALF THE COST OF GASOLINE. WE CONVERTED OUR 34 FT COACHMAN OVER AT A COST OF ABOUT $5000 AND GET NEARLY THE SAME MILAGE ON L.P.G AS GASOLINE.. REGARDS BIG BILKO

TexasClodhopper

Re: diesel v/s gas

Generally speaking LPG doesn't have as much energy as gasoline; nothing does. Some farmers use it in dual-fuel vehicles, because they have a supply available.

LPG is not as available as gasoline for traveling purposes.

You have to do a lot of traveling to make up a $5000 difference in fuel costs. :eek:

H2H1

hey Dl where you been, havn't heard from you in awhile and some of us was getting worried about. Anyway glad you are back on line always enjoy your replys.

DL Rupper

Hey Hollis, we've been in Florida RV parks (Kissimmee KOA, Bill Fredricks Public Park, Stagecoach RV Park, St Augustine), that either didn't have wifi or wanted $4 to $5/night to use their wifi. Guess I'll have to get a broadband card if this keeps up. It would be cheaper. ;) :eek: We went to Orlando (Disney World) to meet our son and his family. FUN TIME :)

G

Glad to here u'r ok DL ,, and also glad u had a great time at DW..
Now that u'r back ,, Tex and Hollis have been picking on me :clown: ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

NOW 730 YOU NOW YOU DESERVE IT. WE DON'T JUST PICK ON SOMEONE JUST TO BE PICKING. :) :laugh:

big bilko

HI TEXAS CLODHOPPER. COST OF GAS HERE IS $1.40 PER LITRE AND L.P.G. IS 56CENTS . SO WITH MY V 10 FORD/COACHMAN I FIND NO DIFFERENCE WITH THE POWER AND PLANNING TO TRAVEL UNTIL I DROP I WILL EVENTUALLY RECOUP MY INVESTMENT IN L.P.G, N ALSO AS YOU GET AWAY FROM THE CITIES FUEL CAN BE AS HIGH AS $2.00 PER LITRE SO WILL THE LONG RANGE I CAN GET WITH THE LPG TANK I CAN POSTPONE BUYING FUEL UNTIL I HEAD BACK INTO CIVILISATION SOMETIMES IT IS 500/ 600 KM BETWEEN FUEL STOPS IN THE OUTBACK .I AM SURPRISED THAT L.P.G. IS NOT POPULAR IN U.S.A. AS ABOUT A THIRD OF VEHICLES HERE ARE ON IT. ACTUALLY WE ARE GROSSLY OVERCHARGED FOR IT BY OUR GOVERNMENT AS IT INCREASES AS GASOLINE INCREASES, BUT OUR GOVERNMENT IN ITS WISDOM SELLS IT TO THE JAPANESE FOR 4CENTS A LITRE. GO FIGURE? REGARDS BIG BILKO

DL Rupper

I guess down under their keyboard gets stuck in CAPS. :approve: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: