Disappearing Posts

akjimny

At least twice now I have posted replies that have disappeared off into the netherlands. When I hit the "Post Reply" buton, the system takes me back to the Log On screen as if I haven't logged on. And when I go to check on the reply, it has disappeared. What am I doing wrong?

akjimny

Well, it happpend again. I logged in and wrote a 2 paragraph reply to a poster's question. When I hit the button to "Post Quick Reply" I got an error message that told me I was not allowed to perform this action. I was told to refresh the screen and log in - AFTER I HAD ALREADY BEEN LOGGED IN!! When I refreshed and logged back in, the post I had written had disappeared.

Am I doing something wrong? Why am I being kicked out of the system after logging in? It is very discouraging, especially after having written a long reply, to find my work has been for nought.

Triple E

You have to be logged in to post a reply. This is strange. Has not happen to me yet but I am sure it will. Maybe I should start to copy my reply before clicking on the Post Quick Reply then I can do a paste if I lose it. :concern:

akjimny

That's what gets me. You have to be logged in to even have the "Quick Reply" box up to use. I type in my reply, hit the "Post Quick Reply" button, and am told I have to log in to be able to post - when I was already logged in in the first place or I wouldn't have been able to type anything in the "Quick Reply" box. Royal PITA!!!

akjimny

Hollis - I thought she would see it here - that's why I posted it in this section. Maybe I'll try a PM.