Dodge truck owners

LDS 3500

This is to DL you seem to be alone out there i am a faithfull dodge owner my first was a 95 straight cab 16 valve auto i bought new this was my first one ton truck and my first diesel. I was a little worried that i may have made a mistake but within two weeks i was used to it and swore never to own anything else. I used it to haul boats around the country. I ran at 23000 pounds gross constently with no problems [have scale tickets to prove it] we got 10 mpg at that weight. Granted it would not go above 65 mph. in overdrive but i was happy with the mpg. Yes i said in overdrive it will kick off when it has enough and will scare you to death only happened twice. It got 23 mpg empty hwy / 18 mpg city. It was a pig off the line but at speed it would just go. It had 356 gears. My current truck is a 98 16 valve cummins with aftermarket exhaust/intake. Banks getkit coming soon along with upgraded fuelcontrol. Currently i get 14.5 mpg in town and hwy around 12 mpg pulling 8000 lbs. I have a 35 foot 5 wheel i can run at 85 mph with no problem in overdrive with it off it's lucky to do 65 mph. I have had no problems with this truck i bought it used 4 years ago i change oil every 2500 miles rotella 15/40 not synthetic. I looked for a crewcab both ford and chevy but due to mpg / price i did not buy one of those it's true those trucks may be able to pass every dodge/cummins on the hwy but not a fuel stop we will wave as we go by. I do not recomend that someone do to their truck what i did but it proved to me that dodge trucks are tough won't own anything else.

C Nash

Dodge truck owners

Where are you DL. Finally got you another Cummins fan here :laugh: :bleh: :eek: Welcome to the forum LDS 3500 :approve:

DL Rupper

Dodge truck owners

Hey I posted a reply to this at 12:15 am :approve: . Don't know where it went :question: . Of course I sincerely thanked LDS 3500 for a wonderful posting on the ever great Dodge Cummins diesel :laugh: . I raved about my 2003 HO Cummins :bleh: . Haven't been passed on a hill yet by a Ford or Chev. On the level I travel about 62/65 mph and let anyone who wants to pass, pass :clown: . I once passed a 18 wheeler at 87 mph in 6th gear and thought hey this is too fast with 12,000lbs tagging along behind. Without the trailer I have no doubt it will go over 100mph. I have accelerated to 95mph and it was still climbing strong. I'm getting too old to go too fast. A few years ago, I would drive my sports cars at 145+mph just for an adrenaline rush :evil: . Those were the days :bleh: (long gone). I went from fast driving to putting along (55/60mph)in my 95 Dodge diesel. It sounded and felt like a tractor, but it would go anywhere and was super reliable.
Thanks again LDS 3500 for the posting. Glad to know I'm not the only Dodge Cummins fan :) :laugh: :cool: :clown: .

DL Rupper

Dodge truck owners

Hey LDS 3500 I'll be out and about soon. Hope to come across you out there. We can compare all the good things Dodge Cummins diesel owners know about and the other 2 brand owners wish they knew. I still love the the smell of diesel. How bout you? :) :laugh: :cool: :blush: :bleh: :evil: ;) :clown:
If you see a red streak going up the hill passing all the others, that will be me. :approve: