Does anyone else hate shopping at Camping World!

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Does anyone else hate shopping at Camping World!

Guys, I hear bashings about our local CW, and other dealers as well. I just hope they don't hear as much about ME!! Everyone makes mistakes now and then. It is how you handle the mistake that makes all the difference in the world. You could do a thousand great jobs and screw up on one, and that is all everyone will hear about. All I ask when I screw up, is for that person to give me the chance to make it right.

H2H1

Well I have had bad luck and good luck. My good luck was at Kens, the bad luck was at Kens, the bad was I wasn't able to stay longer :laugh: ... SORRY GUYS I JUST HAD TO DO IT, I do believe we all have had bad luck and good luck while we are shopping. If you don't let the manager or owner know there will never be a correction made to the problem. But first you have to make them aware. I have shopped at CW and had a good time, my last trip to CW I bought a cover for my MH as it was on sell. I gave them the size, they got it off the self . when I got home and went to install it , it it was for a 40' not a 36 which I have. I called and ask for a refund or replacement to fit my MH. I was told it was a on sell item and no return or swapped could happen. So now I have a 40'cover for a 36'MH. Lee WM is still my place to shop, I

H2H1

Well I have had bad luck and good luck. My good luck was at Kens, the bad luck was at Kens, the bad was I wasn't able to stay longer :laugh: ... SORRY GUYS I JUST HAD TO DO IT, I do believe we all have had bad luck and good luck while we are shopping. If you don't let the manager or owner know there will never be a correction made to the problem. But first you have to make them aware. I have shopped at CW and had a good time, my last trip to CW I bought a cover for my MH as it was on sell. I gave them the size, they got it off the self . when I got home and went to install it , it it was for a 40' not a 36 which I have. I called and ask for a refund or replacement to fit my MH. I was told it was a on sell item and no return or swapped could happen. So now I have a 40'cover for a 36'MH. Lee WM is still my place to shop, I

H2H1

Well I have had bad luck and good luck. My good luck was at Kens, the bad luck was at Kens, the bad was I wasn't able to stay longer :laugh: ... SORRY GUYS I JUST HAD TO DO IT, I do believe we all have had bad luck and good luck while we are shopping. If you don't let the manager or owner know there will never be a correction made to the problem. But first you have to make them aware. I have shopped at CW and had a good time, my last trip to CW I bought a cover for my MH as it was on sell. I gave them the size, they got it off the self . when I got home and went to install it , it it was for a 40' not a 36 which I have. I called and ask for a refund or replacement to fit my MH. I was told it was a on sell item and no return or swapped could happen. So now I have a 40'cover for a 36'MH. Lee WM is still my place to shop, I just love that store

topdownman

Where I went over the top at Camping World was when I went to their Bowling Green location and bought two really nice lawn chairs. They were $140 each. The very next week, they went on sale for $70 each. When I called the only way they would refund the difference was if I returned the first chairs and bought the new ones "on sale". I wasn't going to drive 200 miles just for the refund. Tpftt!

H2H1

I agree with you Mark the drive plus cost for fuel /gas would have eaten up your refund. CW should have given you your refund difference. IMHO.

brodavid

good and bad , good points and when you are Rving , then great days

Shunpiker

RE: Does anyone else hate shopping at Camping World!

I make RV purchases online and for miscellaneous -----Walmart conglomerate!

CW is my last resort for service,,,,,,welll,,,they are not even a resort, last or otherwise.........

ewnh

Of course there should be a diagnostic fee!!! And shop supplies are not free for CW so yes the customers pays also!

Steve H

It does seem like their prices are somewhat inflated. As others have mentioned, most everything they sell you can get elsewhere. However...we needed new tires for our Alpenlite (G rated) and without a doubt, Camping World had the cheapest price ($304) In addition I was given a rebate coupon for $25 per tire making a GY G614 RST $279.00. Still expensive but a lot less than I could get it elsewhere. Also thought I would have them repack bearings while the wheels are off...$229.00 for double axle which is also about $50 less than RV dealers/service centers in our area. Camping World is only about 25 miles down the road for us.

rvguy43

JPBECK;n1290 said:
Every time we shop at Camping World I feel like I'm being price gouged.

I haven't found Camping World to be so bad. Actually, I like them a lot. However, if you price-compare big ticket items, like tires, that you can find at other stores, you will find better deals. I have had work done on my RV at a number of Camping Worlds. It was very hit or miss. Check their work before you leave town.

Check out the eBook, "Small House, Big Yard" for more experiences.