Does anyone out there know have a suggestion on the read outs that are coming off the ecu?

unlucky

I have a read out on my ECU coming out as ol--95. We have found that this is an oil sensor failed. I know I have oil in the enginge and I need some advice to find out if I can cheat the wiring to get me coach home? It maybe as simple as the wiring not being done right but I can't find anything out.

Thanks for any help!

unlucky

Re: Does anyone out there know have a suggestion on the read outs that are coming off the ecu?

ok- I have now been searching for hours trying to find a wire diagram for the C 8.3 to the oil pressure sensor and can not find anything. Does anyone have any advice on maybe where to look? Since it is Sunday, there are no shops open.

Bush70

Re: Does anyone out there know have a suggestion on the read outs that are coming off the ecu?

OK we need alot more info. Year, tran and so on. However, I think the code you are getting is from the trans not the engine. Call me crazy but the allison code for a failed sensor in the trans is 0l-95. Let me know, I am very curious. Good Luck

Bush70

One more thing. If I am right and it is the trans it is an oil level sensor. Check the oil level with the stick and if it is OK you can drive it. Push any button on the pad to cancel the code. Good Luck

unlucky

We have cleared the pad and it keeps coming up the same. We can get it to go in reverse but not in drive. We are wondering if their is a sensor inside the tranny. Oil level is fine. We have figured the code is coming from the tranny that we know of. How do I clear the code otherwise...I think I understand but am not sure due to it keep coming back.
Dave

unlucky

The coach it is in is a 1997 gulfstream tourmaster and the tranny is a md3060. Thanks again for any help.

Bush70

check and see if there are any other codes. I don't think the sensor would keep it from going into drive. Good Luck

unlucky

Thank you so much for the help. We have been able to check with an Allison dealer and they have helped us get the rest of the codes. At this point, we think the sensor in the tranny is bad. I hope that is all. We do as much work ourselves. We seem to be getting in over our head and then we slowly figure it out with help from this forum. Thank you very much!