Does anyone rembember "Ground Molasses"

ironart

Hi All,
When I first joined this forum I went back and read many of the old posts to get an idea of what I was missing...A Lot, to say the least.
In so doing, I ran across someone who was using "Dried ground molasses" to get rid of Ants. They said that they got it at the local feed store and just sprinkled a little around the ant nest and within a few days they were gone. Well I have 3 1/2 acres of ants and really need something that works......I hate to use the poisons cause of the dogs and other critters in the area but the Molasses sounded like a good idea......

I have tried my local feed store and they have never heard of it......

I have tried to find the old post to contact the sender but I just can't find it anywhere...

Any one remember it or have a good suggestion for my problem

Thanks

Paul

C Nash

Re: Does anyone rembember "Ground Molasses"

Been here since the begining Paul and can't remember the dried ground molasses method. Sure hope someone can because I have really been fighting the ants here for the past few months. Seems as all the poisons I have put out only draws more here. :angry:

Grandview Trailer Sa

I just did a complete forum search for Ground Molasses. This posting is the only one it found. Sorry.

ironart

Hi Chelse,
Thanks for your reply....

I'll wait a little and see what kind of response I can get from the others.......Sure would like to have something like that, that works.....

ironart

Thanks dbl-d,

WOW Does that bring back some old memories :eek: :eek: :cool: :cool:

What a great read and very informative.....really a lot more that I wanted to know but what do they say...."Knowledge is power"

Thank you so much for your efforts in finding that information

Paul

ironart

Thank You all so much for your help......I thought I was going a little bonkers there for a while.....As luck would have it, I don't have Fire Ants so this stuff probably won't work for me.......

A year or so ago there was a thread about ants and DL said that he was using a product called "Terro" which he got a Wallgreens.....I might try that...

Will report back..

Thanks again

Paul :) :) :) :) :)

DL Rupper

Hey ironart, Terro works great inside a RV for little piss ants, but not sure how good it would be on a large area problem.

ironart

Hi DL,
Thanks for the reply......I have Comet around the tires of the MH so they haven't got inside yet........I just have them everywhere in the yard....Worst I have ever seen.
one bit the wife yesterday and her foot swelled up and pained her something fierce.... couldn't sleep all night.

This problem just moved to the TOP of the "to do" list....if you know what I mean...

Thanks again

Paul

DL Rupper

Paul, Sorry to hear about the wife. Ants are really hard to get rid of. You had better buy a couple of bottles of TERRO. :eek:

ironart

Thanks Don,

That was the exact posting I was looking for.....That took some research....Thank You..!!
Well , after reading that the molasses only works for Fire Ants (per article by the Marijuana growers), I had almost given up on the concept. but now I have renewed faith.
I am going to try to find a milling Co. near by and get some of this stuff.....For very little money, I might repackage it and sell it to others in the area....We all have an ant problems....

Thanks again

Paul

DARLING

Terro is only good for the inside & only for a limited tme because once it has a skin(film) on the ants cannot pierce the skin with their jaws. So use spareingly.
Most products that you buy from the outside at HD or Lowes will work ok but DO NOT sprinke any on the top of themound or try to drop it into the mound. Sprinkle about 18-24 inches away fron the top of the mound.
As ant clean out their nest all the refuse goes around the top of the mound. Their trash heap.

Darlin

DL Rupper

Hey Darling, you haven't been around for awhile. Glad you're back. :)

DARLING

LIfe has been .....Good, Bad, & otherwise.

Good 3 week trip, Bad computer went up :( Othewise we were here for this storm. Lots of rain but not much wind.

Darlin

RE: Does anyone rembember "Ground Molasses"

Paul,

Sorry for the late post. I just came back from Pennsylvania. I too was looking for the powered molassas. The Amish use Borax & Sugar , mixed 1 to 1 . I have not tried it yet, but was told a few applicatins a year will work around the house. I can't immagine they use it if it kills their pets. I'm going ot give it a try.

Dean