Does this sound strange? Pay Now, deliver later

Hi everyone,

Well our ST30BH arrived at the dealer and we went to see it on Saturday. We will be taking delivery on April 13th because our seasonal spot will not be ready until then. Here is my question: we gave the dealer $500 to order the trailer and the total purchase price was $20,500. We owe them a balance of $20,000 and we are going to finance $14,000 and pay $6,000 out of pocket. Now when I buy a car I usually do not pay my $6,000 until delivery and with this they want us to come back in this week to sign the approved bank documents along with giving them the $6,000. That means they would have been paid for the total amount 2.5 weeks before delivery. Does this seem odd? I would rather give them the $6000 and sign the finance papers upon delivery.

In addition they are delivering it to the campground, do you think if we pay them there will be no sense of urgency to deliver?

Can you tell me what is normal in these cases and what most people do?

hertig

Re: Does this sound strange? Pay Now, deliver later

Once they have all their money, you have very little leverage. I didn't sign over my trade in until everything was acceptable; the sale took about 6 weeks to complete, with us 'living' in their transition lot for over 3 weeks.

I've never ordered anything so maybe you have to sign the loan before delivery, but I'd sure be nervous starting the loan clock before I even got the unit.

Grandview Trailer Sa

You ordered the trailer, the dealer had to pay for it on delivery. Because you have to wait on you site, you should not make him wait for his money. You trusted him to this point, trust him to deliver the trailer when your site opens up.

Let me clarify:
The trailer was not ready for PDI when I was there and they actually said not to do the inspection until the day of delivery. In addition the trailer was to take 5 weeks and when they called the MFG. one was coming off the line so they chose to grab it which is not my fault. Believe me we will pay but this makes no sense to me

Any thoughts after my clarification?

Grandview Trailer Sa

I usually only hear complaints when delivery is late.

Bottom line,you askedthe dealer to get you a trailer. Unless youmadeit clear tothem that you did not want it until some date, sounds like they did what you asked them to. You need to talk to them.

I did and they agree I am write and they are wrong

I guess I won and they knew they were in the wrong

brodavid

Good work, now sit back and enjoy the good life