Dometic 3804 Fridge

RV Doc

My fridge starts to cool down lower unit and freezer, but several hours later it cuts off? I turned it on and several hours later ir was cooling, but when I checked the next morning it was not cool at all, like it shut down?

sp

Dometic 3804 Fridge

Doc,

I got your email and replied back. I'm curious to here what everyone else has to say.

sp

Kirk

Dometic 3804 Fridge

Not a lot of information to go on here. Were there any error codes? It sounds like a cooling unit problem, but with such limited information all that anyone can do is to guess.

sp

Dometic 3804 Fridge

Kirk,

Doc sent me an email direct so I think he had seen my posts about my fridge problem. They sound about the same and if you remember since my bottomed out at 18 degrees f for 4 hours or so mine wasn't the cooling unit. I think it is safe to say that we have the same issue and it more than likley is the thermostat on the propane side. I just need a foolproof way to make sure I'm correct. Someone had posted on the other thread to put the capillaries(sp)located by the cooling fins in ice water to see if the thermostat opens all the way and causes the burner to work at its optimum level. Can I do that without removing the fridge from the TT?

Thanks sp

RV Doc

Dometic 3804 Fridge

sp...thanks for the remarks..i saw your other recommendations and am going to try a few of them in the next few days when i have a little time off...Sorry for the lack of info Kirk! I've learned more from the forums than all the books I've got. This is my second RV..had a winebago-Brave..this helped alot..but still lots to learn. My wife gets frustrated with RV problems at times..I reminded her it's a house on wheels and she said no, it's a big toy for you,,,oh well..These girls know the truth...Doc!

Johnny-O

Dometic 3804 Fridge

RV DOC
FIRST OF ALL IT'S DEFINITLY NOT THE COOLING UNIT, OR IT NEVER WOULD HAVE GOTTEN COLD IN THE FIRST PLACE. YOU HAVE A CONTROL PROBLEM. THE THERMOSTAT, WHICH IS THE SAME FOR EITHER GAS OR ELECTRIC, IS ACTUALLY A THERMSISTOR. A RESISTOR THAT REACTS TO TEMP. CHANGES. THE THERMSISTOR IS LOCATED IN THE LOWER BOX ATTACHED TO THE ALUMINIUM FINS AT THE BACK OF THE REFER. NEWER MODELS HAVE A WHITE PLASTIC PLUG RIGHT THERE IN THE REFER. DISCONECT THIS PLUG, AND EVERTHING SHOULD EVENTUALLY FREEZE. IF NOT, YOU "MAY" HAVE A BAD PC BOARD. THE FLASHING CODE WOULD HELP. FOR MODELS WITHOUT THE PLUG, YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE 2 WIRE PLUG FROM THE CONTROL BOARD. THIS SHOULD HELP YOU GET STARTED, AND YOU DONT HAVE TO REMOVE THE REFER FROM IT'S HOLE. THE BOZ