Dometic refer

elkhartjim

It appears (from the lettuce) that eventhough I keep the temp on one everthing in the refer freezes. Help?!! Glad your safely home tex.

G

Re: Dometic refer

ok ,, but is eveything freezing ,, or just the lettuce??? in my MH sometimes the milk has ice in it ,,, but sounds to me like that there is not enough outside circulation,, i hope elk post back

;) :approve: :approve: :approve:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Put a thermometer in the refer and see what it says. If it is within a couple of degrees of freezing, read the next paragraph.

In a Dometic you have a Thermister. It is a thermometer, just called a thermister. It is located in the rear of the refer at the top. It is in a white plastic clip that is on the right side of the fins. Dometic says RAISE the clip to lower the temp in the refer. It will make a few degrees difference in the refer.

If your temp is way below freezing, the thermister is probably bad and letting the refer run all the time.

G

ok now i see Ken is steeling my business :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil: :clown: :clown:
But i do agree ,, as am not that fimilar with dometic (trained by Norcold) anyway ,, i have ran across this only once ,, and by accident ,, went to dometic's web sight ,, and yes Ken u are right :eek: :eek: :eek: there was a subject on this very thing ,, so now Ken ,, since i'm down a tech ,, u want the job :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;) ;) :bleh:

H2H1

well I just learned something tonight, stay on long enough and some will tell you something that you will need to remember. thanks Rod & Ken great advice.

elkhartjim

Never mind Rod...Kens now my best friend. Everything is freezing. Milk, water, lettuce, and on and on and on. Glad I don't keep beer in there. I'll try moving the thermistor..thanks Ken. Rod..go back to Domestic. Thanks to you guys, wel thanks to Ken anyway. Rod you gave my money making secret away to darling so pooh on you!!!!!!!!

G

Hey now whats wrong with a frozen beer popsicle????
I'm trying to hire Ken ,, but i don't think he wants anything to do with rv service ,, since he would be my # 2 field man ,, sorry Ken u gotta work u'r way up ... And Jim sorry on the response ,, i have not seen to many refers over cooling ,, the ones i see usally don't cool at all ,, or don't even come on ,,,,
sorry :disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

elkhartjim

Okay..went to move it and its really stuck to the fins. Can I pry it off? Don't want to end up with more problems. Okay Rod...you can jump back in.

G

I would let it thaw first ,, if not u may break the capilary tube ,, hey i know that much ,,, so Ken :bleh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :eek:

elkhartjim

Its not a capillary tube, its a twisted white wire silly. Ain't gonna break nothin excepting a ware and I got tape.

G

ok fine ,, i'll shut up now ,, but i did see u were in the chat room ,, i was there also ,, but u didn't type ,, bty the little wire is kinda like a capilary tube ,, and be carfull if it breaks ,, it uses resisstance to vary the control of the fridge ,,, so don't make it longer than it is ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

G

ok what's the hold up Jim ,, u should have that thing moved by now frozen or not ,, come on get with it ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Bty are u planning on going to GTS"s open house in April????
Just asking ,,, mybe u and Ken can give me some Dometic training while i'm there :clown: ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bleh:

DARLING

Ken
Does that mean that in the summer & the fins get frosty it is too cold & needs to be moved that thing a little?
Darlin :cool:

Grandview Trailer Sa

We had another customers trailer freezing everything and had to replace it last summer. It really sounds like the same thing and his thermister is not working. When that happens, the refer. just runs and runs. No control.

Moving it on the fins will only change the temp. a couple of degrees. Need to put the thermometer in it overnight and see what it says.

Grandview Trailer Sa

No Darling, if the thermister is working correctly, you should not have to move it, although you might have to defrost your refer. every now and then.