door hits awning

skinny2000

hi everyone
i hope someone can help
only a small problem but the door to our trailer is nearer to the front so when we open the door while the awning is down the wind will sometimes slam it into the awning brace. Other than removing the leg from the trailer and staking it down, I was wondering if there is a bumper/tie down that I can buy that I can fasten to the leg. I know this may seem like a minor problem but it drives me CRAZY!!

thanks in advance for any suggestions anyone may have

hamdave

Re: door hits awning

Since no one else has responded, i will. There is normally a bracket with a small plastic roller at the top of the door, so when its opened it rides against the awning to keep the door from poking a hole in the awning. There are also awning braces that can be attached to the awning and the horizontal bar that holds the awning out that should prevent what is happening to you.

cheers

TexasClodhopper

There's sort of a blessing in disguise happening there. If the awning leg weren't there, you might be ruining your door hinge!

Rather than put something on the awning leg, I've mounted a rubber bumper on the door at just the right position. Actually, I think mine is a rubber "foot" for a chair. I believe I got it at Lowes or Home Depot.

I don't have to tell you, but the best thing is to always hold on to that door! :clown:

DARLING

And if all else fails, you can put a small strip about 2 inches of the soft fuzzy side of velcro, not the scratchy side, on the awning arm exactly where the door hits the awning arm to dampen the hit. Will also protect the paint on the door from being scratched .

Darlin :cool:

skinny2000

thanks so much for the quick responses. i like the idea of the bumper. I'll definitely give it a try