Double Sewer Outlets

powderman

RE: Double Sewer Outlets

If you are referring to the black sewer connection and the gray water for the kitchen, my 3" hose for the black has an elbow at the end where it connects to the sewer that has a small fitting that allows for a standard water hose to connect to it. I have a short section of hose that then goes to the kitchen gray water outlet which also has a cover that allows for water size hose to connect to it. I leave the kitchen gray open all the time, and only open the black when it needs attention. I hope I understood the question correctly. Those fitting are available at any RV outlet. :)

H2H1

Re: Double Sewer Outlets

just a little advice here,,, never open or leave open the gray tank open until you are ready to emphty both. The Black is open first and let drain, then open the GRAY to wash out the Black TANK waste from the hose. By doing this it helps stop the build up inside the tanks. I know I did it the way you are saying and it created a big problem until I was advised the correct way to do it.

SnowbirdInFlight

H2H1 - 8/23/2010 3:46 PM just a little advice here,,, never open or leave open the gray tank open until you are ready to emphty both. The Black is open first and let drain, then open the GRAY to wash out the Black TANK waste from the hose. By doing this it helps stop the build up inside the tanks. I know I did it the way you are saying and it created a big problem until I was advised the correct way to do it.

We've always left the gray open and the black closed. I wash too many clothes and we take too many showers to leave the gray closed. Been doing it for ten years with no problems. The only time we've had problem is when we left the gray closed and I did a load of clothes! Fills up the gray tank FAST! Then all the drains start gurgling, lol. However, I do close the gray and fill it up with water when we get ready to dump the black tank, so it can be flushed.

powderman

I was talking about leaving the gray water valve open for the kitchen drain. I fully agree to dump the black followed by the bathroom gray water tank to help flush all the solids out. :)

H2H1

Well Janeen we have a W/D in our MH also, but we never use it. It is just like it was when we bought it. Like I said it's my opinion to leave both closed until needed to dump. I think by keep water in the each tank will keep things for becoming a solid rather than a liquid which will flow better , but that just MHO :laugh: :laugh:

Bounder Boy

Hollis, I'm with your thoughts also, even in the galley tank, sludge tends to build up from small scrap particles and greasy, soapy water and with a build up, it does empty more completely.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Well, to answer the actual question....the best way to hook up double sewer connectors is use a "Y" connector. It requires 3 hoses...2 to reach the "Y" and 1 to go to the dump port.

I totally agree to save back the gray for a cleaning flush after dumping the black. And yes, Hollis if you actually used that W/D, you would need to leave the gray open or chance filling the tank.

powderman

I find it to be a pain to always be dumping the galley tank, and I don't care to carry 3 hoses, so I connect the galley with the short garden hose that I made special for it (it has same connector on both ends) and leave the valve open on it. About a day before I get ready to leave, I shut the galley valve and when actually leaving I dump the Black, followed by the gray, and lastly I move the sewer hose to the Galley and flush it. So far no problems. :laugh: