Double sway control

nomadtt

I have a 30 ft TT and I pull it with a 2500 surburban, When going down highway and semi trucks pass camper seams too bounce all over place. I have weight distribution and sway control hooked up (on right side of trailer) should I hook up sway control on left side will this help the bouncing just put new tires on camper. any help would be greatley appreciated thanks

LEN

Are you keeping enough weight on the toad or enough weight forward of the axles on the trailer, also how is the alignment on the trailer.

LEN

akjimny

Hi NomadTT and welcome to the RVUSA Forum. Like Len said, be sure and check your tongue weight. If the trailer is heavy in the rear and light on the tongue, it will sway. I don't think moving the anti-sway mechanism from one side to the other would change anything. :)

nomadtt

Thanks for the advice, When we load camper we load everything on floor by front bedroom, Is their anything we can we do about the new tire making it sway? I will check out the Anderson hitch thanks

Grandview Trailer Sa

New tires will harden up after while. Probably take a month or so. I almost wrecked a truck a number of years ago by having new tires on it and towing...took about a month and they were OK then. Make sure you have correct tire pressure!!

turfman1

I bought a used 30ft. Terry Dakota 2002 and noticed that its missing the hitch part where the sway bars attach. Is there some place I can go online or a dealer to get the hitch part I need ?

H2H1

google what you have and see if you can name the part, then go on e bay and look. I bet you will find it out there in cyberland