Drilling Rig Count and Location

TexasClodhopper

Just in case anyone is interested in some REAL information about where and what drilling is being done, here is a map of that from the primary source of drilling rig counts since the '40s. Baker Hughes has 'company men' on the site of every drilling rig at some point during a month.

BH_NArotaryRigCount80430.jpg

I can update this once a month if enough are really interested.

elkhartjim

RE: Drilling Rig Count and Location

Notice where most of the activity is...our great state of Texas. Notice where the highest population therefore use is and how much drilling is going on there. Not to be specific but California comes to mind and they've got alot of reserves offf the pristine coast. Just my 2 cennts....notice with inflation there is not a cent sign on keyboards anymore.
icon_smile.gif

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Drilling Rig Count and Location

Tex, thanks for the map. I want to know how you inserted that into the posting. I need to take a picture of 3 valves on a water heater and do it on another page.

utmtman

I think each of them red dots represents 25 rigs. I know up there in Utah and Colorado they have some 50 to 100 rigs out drilling on any given day and a couple of years ago I was working up in that area and they were begging for help. They had more rigs to run than they had people to operate them. My sons company alone has 30 rigs runnin on any given day within Utah and Colorado.

G

yea and tex is in the midil off all the red dot's ,, didn't anybody see his smileing face ,, it's kinda like finding waldo :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Oh to find tex ,, look next to the big dollar sighns :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

G

Ken i can bet ,, MOST OF THEM ... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :clown:

DARLING

TC

See how they treat ya. You are jus tryin to edgumacate em. :laugh:

Darlin :cool:

H2H1

Tex got one to sell that not dry :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;)

DARLING

I did the math & that is like $4.17 gal. Not too bad. We will be right there
Diesel is $4.58 gal here. :( Gas is $3 78-3.82 gal. :( :(

Darlin :cool:

utmtman

My exw gets paid several thousand dollars a month for three oil wells on her fathers property. He passed and the monthly went to her. The higher it goes the more she gets and she get it whether they are pumping or not. Son in law also gets money from dozens of wells he punched and has an ownership in the wells themselves. Must be nice. Wish I had a couple somewhere. LOL

DL Rupper

Diesel is $4.25 to $4.40/gal in Scottsbluff,NE. It will probably take most of May's paycheck to get me the last 400 miles. :(

TexasClodhopper

No one really expressed any interest in having this updated, but I'd like to keep you informed about where the drilling activity is NOT happening, too. All the little translucent areas on the coasts represent 'basins' where drilling would be productive just like it is on the coasts of Louisiana and Texas.

Here's a new map for May 2008. It shows that most of the drilling has not moved, but a significant amount of new 'oil' drilling rigs have popped up along the Texas border north of Laredo in the region called "WESTERN GULF" by geologists.

This map represents 1,889 drilling rigs. This is an increase of 129 rigs from a year ago.

BH_NArotaryRigCount80530.jpg

When was the highest and lowest active rig count recorded?

Since 1940 ...

the highest weekly US rig count was 4,530 recorded on December 28, 1981.

The lowest rig count of 488 was recorded on April 23, 1999.

In Canada the highest weekly rig count of 718 was recorded on February 17,2006.

The lowest weekly rotary rig count of 29 was recorded on April 24,1992.

elkhartjim

Again, good info. Do you have access to whats going on in Alaska? Are we still drilling at all in Prudhoe or just waiting on the politcians to let us get to Anwr.

H2H1

OK HERE A UP DATE OF GAS COST!!! Here in Ga the average cost of reg gas is about $3.91-$3.95, and fuel is really gone thru the roof. it is pushing $4.85. I need a well :laugh: :laugh: I guess I am glad that I got a gas MH now and not a diesel. :bleh: :approve: :laugh: