Dually necessary??

Gary B

Dually necessary??

Hi Charley and Donna, what length 5er? No it isn't necessary but they sure are nice, you would not belive how much nicer the towing, handling and ride is with the dually. Tire wear cost is the same as with SRW, on my F-250 I get about 40000 miles on a set of tire and with my dually I get about 60000 miles, so the cost per mile is the same. :) :bleh: :approve:

Dually necessary??

haven't settled on a size yet - but prob somewhere between 25-30'

thanks for the info - am finding this site to be very helpful

also picked up "RV Vacations for Dummies" from our library today ... although we plan to be full-timers and not just vacation - but it has great tips

C Nash

Dually necessary??

Charley & Donna,
If I was planning on fulltiming I would go no less than a 32 ft with slides. Most upper level units made for fulltiming will be heavy and (IMO) a dually would serve the purpose better. Duallys are harder to park and drive in town but, I never had a problem when we had ours. As Gary said tire cost and fuel are about the same. The dually will give you better braking and stability on the road. I also like the Ford power stroke but, don't tell anyone I said that because I am a Chevy person but, the Duramax has not been around long enough to prove it will be there for the long run. Most 3/4 tons are actually rated for more max tow than the dually but the dually will handle more bed weight. The 3/4 should be fine for anything under 30 ft.

Gary B

Dually necessary??

Hi rod3195, you have a good post over there, but why not post it here :question:
:) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :approve: