Dumping Etiquette

Adam

Ok these two words together make me chuckle, but the thread that Acker1 started got me wondering about this. Not about where to dump the black tank, as that should be done only into an approved sewage system but rather the issue of to use your hose or not to use your hose at all the different kinds of drains at the dump station. :)

Adam

BarneyS

Dumping Etiquette

Adam, I cannot imagine someone not using their hose at a dump station. Do you mean some just pull up, get near the drain and "let it fly"? If someone did that and I observed it, I am sure I would have a few choice words to say. I have been rv'ing for quite a few years and have yet to see this happen - did not know it was an "issue".
Barney

Adam

Dumping Etiquette

:) Hi bsmith, No I don't think this is an "issue" but have observed it done both ways while in line waiting our turn to use the dump facilities over the last 15 years we have been RVing. I know how I feel about the use of a hose dispite the added time to clean it afterwards but was just wondering about other's opinions on the subject. :laugh:

cpo3

Dumping Etiquette

Believe it or not I just read about someone dumping there waste tank in back of a Wal-Mart parking lot, I guess it was one hell of a mess, it supposedly happened in the area where Dollywoods at in Tennessee,from what some of the people where saying now the county where this happened at has passed an ordinance that forbids any over nite parking and its being enforced.

thumbs

Dumping Etiquette

That's unbelievable under any curcomstance. WalMart is kind enough to allow us to stay overnight and some low life does that? Perfect way to ruin a good situation for sure. :dead: :(