effects of fuel

G

How are some of u fulltimers and part timers dealing with the new fuel prices ,, other than staying put in one spot longer,, i have had a few of my customers stating that if the fuels gets much higher ,, they are gonna hang it up ,, they chose this life style to be free and go where they want ,, but as of now ,, most can"t afford it ,,, i myself am feeling the sting ,,,i have 4 service trucks running almost 5 to 7 days a week ,, and my fuel bill ,,, well u get the picture...
Used to be in this service industrie ,, the customers would never ask how much for repairs ,,, "just fix it" but now i'm geeting alot more ,, "i need an estamate" type of calls ,, i thinks it's hurting all out there ,, my rates are gonna have to increase due to all this ,, as is everything else ,, we all want to survive and live life to it's fullest ,, but this is out of this world ,, the richer getting richer and the ,, few of u just getting by,,, sorry just had a random brain thought ,, and thought i would put on here ,,, but i would like some of the rv peoples input :approve: :) ;) :approve:

C Nash

Re: effects of fuel

Thinking that we will begin to see a lot of rvs selling and flooding the used market. Also think that most will be overpriced because of the new market could be sold to anyone and with very little or no down payment. Lot of owners will find that they are upside down and will be letting them go back. Yes, I know that's negetive thinking and I like positive thinkers but even filling a small car now hurts. Having said that we will continue to go as long as we can eat and move around some. Can shut the house down and does not cost a lot more if watching pennies. Just worried about the prices really going up on the CG fees. Sure glad we didn't wait to go to Alaska with the canadian dollar equal to ours the fuel there would really hurt. We were planning on going back but, probably not now since we have already bee there. Have to go see othr places we want to see before the final journey.

ARCHER

Hey 730, If you copied the Giant RV store in Melbourne, Fl., your fuel charges would be paid for by the customers. Yes, we had warranty work done on an awning, but did not want to disconnect everything to drive the unit to the dealer, so we opted (our fault) to have them come to our site (approximately 10 miles) to repair the awning. Well, it costs me $100.00 in fees to have them drive that 10 miles. That sure is a lot of gas for their truck. Remember, the warranty work for labor and parts was covered by the awning company. I "ONLY" had to pay their gas fee. They even had the audicity to say the rate was going up because of the increases in gas prices. Maybe I missed something, but I think I got taken advantage of and didn't even enjoy it.

hamdave

Gas/Diesel is a consideration. These behemoths are heavy, fuel eff is poor at best. I opted for a smaller class A (used) and am able for now to do most of my own mtc work. When I travel (not a fulltimer) , I budget what approximate cost is and find overall I'm still able to use my rig. I am retired, and my income can handle only so much RV time. I feel sorry for those that bought the new rigs and have taken a big depreciation hit. Someday that will come home to bite 'hard'. My feeling is the RV industry is a big hype by dealers/mfr's who have a high percentage of poor workmanship and poor service and will
be sure to get theirs at our expense. People need to take 'emotion' out of buying and need to live within their means. Of course it would help if our own government would stop doing stupid things which cause our dollars to erode against world markets. Enough rant BTW I get about 10.5 mpg on my unit

Shadow

Seeing it already Chelse, PPL's lot is just over flowing with M/H's and trailers. I was in a real buying mood there for awhile, but kind of rethinking right now. Shirley wants to just keep the truck and 5th wheel and see what happens. Everything is paid for so why not? We talked to our advisor last night and if a few things fall in place I may retire as early as July. So watch out Chelse we may come knocking on your door sooner than Ya thought. Quit laughing ARCHER, your next on the list.

G

sorry ,, but as of this time i feel it is not customer friendly to pass on my gas usasge to the customer ,, but i think i gonna increase the rates ,, gonna go from $75.00 per hr to $80.00 ,, and onsight is gonna be $95.00 ,, gotta be lower than the other guy to get a good bussiness ,, IMO ,, but if it don't work ,, then i'll go fultiming and travel around the usa .. u never know :eek: :bleh: :laugh: :cool: