Elec/Prop fridge doesn't work on electric anymore

mainbrain

I have a model RV760 propane/115VAC refrigerator which worked fine on either energy source but now the electric doesn't work. I suppose there is no compressor in this model. Is there an electric heating element that can burn out or what do I check next? Thanks for all replies.

Gary B

Hi mainbrain, yes there is an AC heater/element and it most likely has burnt out. Check at the stack/burner assy about 6" up from the bottom of the burner there will be 2 wires going to the heat element, find where the connection is(after making sure you have disconnected the shore power) disconnect the wires and with an OHMmeter test for continuity if you have no continuity the element is burnt, if you have cont. you have other problems like a thermostat assy. check here for more information www.rvmobile.com hope this helps :) :cool: :bleh: :approve:

ARCHER

Mainbrain,
Also, check to make sure the plug in for the frig is working. Only reason I point this out is that last winter in Florida, I went through a whole lot of trouble/expense when my frig quit working on A/C only to find out that the outlet that it plugged into was bad. Replaced the outlet for less than $4.00 and everything worked fine, except for my pride in spending $300.00 for a brainboard and labor I didn't need (got took by repair guy). :dead:
Good luck

ARCHER

Mainbrain,
Also, check to make sure the plug in for the frig is working. Only reason I point this out is that last winter in Florida, I went through a whole lot of trouble/expense when my frig quit working on A/C only to find out that the outlet that it plugged into was bad. Replaced the outlet for less than $4.00 and everything worked fine, except for my pride in spending $300.00 for a brainboard and labor I didn't need (got took by repair guy). :dead:
Good luck