electric brake problem??

riverhunter

hi all, well i finaly took my 2006 ranger danger and new jayco 18 footer for a burn today and am quite pleased!!....but, my prodigy controller says that i'm not connected( 2 lower dots)!....all the signals etc work but i have no brakes!...i had them professionly hooked up last week but this is the first time i hooked it up to the trailer!......it shows i have boost etc but no brakes, even when i pull the manual switch.....am i doing something wrong?..thanks for any help..larry

C Nash

Re: electric brake problem??

I would go back to the person that did the installation. Sounds like the brake wire might not be in the right place or disconnected.

riverhunter

C nach---you got her!!.....prob solved!....faulty connection!!.....the installer found his own screw up!...controller works great!.....off to the bush for a couple days now for the first test---news at elevan!!.....thanks larry

C Nash

Glad you got it fixed riverhunter. let us know how the shakedown trip turns out. Have fun.

rlmurraysr59

riverhunter: Just a little suggestion. Make sure you check the plugs on a regular basis if you let the unit sit for a while. The brass connections can corrode and then they don't make a good contact either. There are lubes on the market that will help you keep them clean. Whenever I put a plug on a trailer or vehicle I solder the ends of the wires before putting them in the connection. Cuts down a little on the corrosion inside the plug and makes for a better fit. I never use quick connects cause the corrode in a hurry if exposed to moisture.

Just some little hints I hope help you enjoy your new adventure.

Have a great trip.
:)