Electric Brakes ????

sp

Hi All,

I had a little surprise last week when I pulled off my brake drums so I could repack the bearings. One of the round magnets was missing. :disapprove: I'm not sure where it went unless the previous owner took it off and never went back to put it on.

Is this an easy fix?
Do I replace the magnet only or is it a kit?
Can I fix just the one or do I have to do all four?

Also, I was on a road that had alot of traffic lights and I picked up a little speed between two of them. I didn't realize the light had changed so I got on the brakes pretty good but I couldn't stop. I nearly went into on comming traffic before it stopped. :eek:

Could this be from the missing magnet?
Does this occur when the brakes get heated up from continuous use?

Thanks for any help.
Steve :cool:

gunfighter09

Electric Brakes ????

The missing magnet will cause that brake not to work but the others should have still worked unless you have a short in the ground from your brake control or the brake controller is bad. A bad connection or corrosion in your connecter would affect all of the brakes so I would look at that too. Magnets are not difficult to replace but if they are old, you should probably replace them all. I think the magnets are about $20 each. Also, a good brake control like the Jordan 2020 Ultima has a built in ammeter that will detect a bad or missing magnet.