electric fireplace / heater

ms090876

Have a 30' 2003 Alumascape TT. Want to put electric fireplace under TV in entertainment center. Space opening is 20" high, either 17 1/2 or 23 1/3" wide (depending on if spacer panels are removed). We looked at DImplex DFI2309 but it doesn't have the glass and front framework. What experiences do you have that can help us with locating a suitable alternative? Cost? Other related concerns or issues? BTW, 120VAC outlet is in the entertainment center.

Thanks in advance for the help.

DL Rupper

Re: electric fireplace / heater

Hey ms090876, welcome to the forum. Buy a cube/ceramic electric heater (1500 watts) as an alternative to the electric fireplace. Much cheaper and works just as good. Besides fireplaces belong in stick houses. Just my opinion. :laugh: ;)

wineman

ms090876;42265 said:
Have a 30' 2003 Alumascape TT. Want to put electric fireplace under TV in entertainment center. Space opening is 20" high, either 17 1/2 or 23 1/3" wide (depending on if spacer panels are removed). We looked at DImplex DFI2309 but it doesn't have the glass and front framework. What experiences do you have that can help us with locating a suitable alternative? Cost? Other related concerns or issues? BTW, 120VAC outlet is in the entertainment center.

Thanks in advance for the help.

If this is still a problem I would suggest that you look into an electric fireplace entertainment center. This way the fireplace is already built into the entertainment center and you won't have to try and figure out a way to do it yourself. I did this for my RV and love the cozy feeling the electric fireplace has added to the whole RV. I found a great deal here http://ElectricFireplace-EntertainmentCenter.net