Electric on a Lance Camper

geo24a

I had to rewire my plug on my truck and everything works fine except my truck doesn't charge up my camper batteries. I have power going to the plug on the camper but it doesn't charge. Is there a fuse or something in the camper that would cause this. Thank you for your time George

G

RE: Electric on a Lance Camper

What type of rv or camper do u have????

C Nash

Re: Electric on a Lance Camper

Most do not have a charge going to the camper but very easy to fix a charge wire to the rv. The power to the rv is probably just a 12 volt supply. Check it with a meter and if it is charging, with engine running, you should have around 13.8 volts.

geo24a

I have a Lance 1161 which is a camper that goes on the back of a truck and is set up to take a charge from my truck. There is power coming from the truck to the plug of the camper. There is a problem in the camper itself. I have a monitor that tells me when the batteries are being charged. In the dark with the truck running, it doesn't show it's charging. I was hoping some one knows the path of the power from the plug to the battery and what could be the problem. Thanks again George

s.harrington

Check two things. Some have a battery cut-off switch by the bathroom that looks like a standard household light switch. There is also an automatic 12volt breaker in the battery box area that can go bad.