Electric Steps

dckoski

I have the two step electric step that seems to bind up after 5-10 uses. I have to unscrew the cover and let the swing arm sort of pop loose, a very small movement, and it's ok again for another 5-10 uses.
It appears as though each use lets it move a little bit farther out of sync until it finally binds up completely.
I am unable to turn what appears to be the manual release, again because it is binding for some reason.
Anyone have this experience before?

Gary B

Electric Steps

Hi dckoski, welcome to the forum, have you lubed all the hinge points, there are about 12 points to lube, couple of the most important are the shaft bearings under the step assy, you have to lay under the steps and squirt lube up on the bearings and have someone run the steps in & out or disconnect the actuator lever and manually move the steps in and out. Good luck.
:) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve:

dckoski

Electric Steps

I have tried lubing everything in sight.
I will try this also to see if it takes care of the problem.
Thanks for the response.

ARCHER

Electric Steps

They did not get bent by chance did they?? I know once I parked too close to the curb and the steps came out automatically and got stuck in the grass/dirt by the curb and I had some problems with them going back in for the next few times that I would use them. I tried standing on them and kind of bounced (not real hard) up and down slowly. It seemed to line them back up and they have worked just fine since then. I agree with Gary that you have to get under and lube the heck out of them.
Good luck :cool: :laugh: :) ;)

Kirk

Electric Steps

Try laying down under the RV where you can watch the step operate and have someone open and close the door so that you can watch it operate. You may even want to make some marks with a grease pencil to mark the stopping point both lowered and retracted. Then by watching it you should be able to see if anything changes each time that it cycles. Of course, stay clear of it as it is traveling and disconnect power if you are working on it.

If you do see anything change, come back and let us know as that is likely a clue.