ELECTRICAL LINE AT HOME

ARCHER

Hello all,
I am thinking of running an electrical line directly from my main circuit box through underground tubing to the rear of the area where I park my MH-CLASS A.
I am planning on using a 30amp circuit breaker and basically hook it up like if I was at an RV park.
Anyone have any tips or suggestions to make this a little easier and/or safer? I assume I do not want to use a 50 amp circuit breaker, correct? My MH normally runs on a regular 30 amp breaker at the parks.
Appreciate any feedback, :blush: :)

rpalmer

ELECTRICAL LINE AT HOME

Hi!
Correct! Us a single pole 30 amp breaker in main panel, Run NMW 10/2 AWG loomex (for wet locations) from main panel to parking site, Install 30 amp Disconnect and 125 volt recepticle at parking site. Always check with your local electrical codes. Be safe have a qualified electrician help you out. :cool:

sp

ELECTRICAL LINE AT HOME

Hi Archer,

Nowadays you should get a permit first and check the codes. In CT you need to put it in PVC 18" below finish grade. I learned the hard way on the following points.

1. Make sure to use sweeps not 90 degree elbows.
2. PVC has a half inch or so room around wire just for easy movement.
3. Use a GFI at the breaker.
4. Incase recepticle in a waterproof box with flip cover.
5. Do all rough work but never play in the ele panel. Have an electrician do it.

Good Luck,
sp