Electrical Problem

JimE

Folks, I am getting the motorhome ready for a trip this weekend and I have run into a problem and I am hoping you all can help me out. I have a 93 Winnebago Brave with the Chevy 454 and 30 amp hook up. When running the generator my air conditioners are acting like they are on shore power, only one will run at a time and only when I throw the front / rear switch. Normally on generator I can run both units simultanesouly. I am going camping in West Texas and 2 working AC units is mandatory....any ideas?

G

RE: Electrical Problem

did u ck the breakers on the genset???
On mine i have 2 breakers one is for the coach and the other is for the second a/c only...
Does the a/c's run (one at a time ) if u switch the front and rear switch???
What i mean is does the front one run ok and then when u switch the F/R switch ,, does the rear one run ok???
Almost confused my self there :eek:
Anyway post us back on this :)
I think u just answered the above ??? ,, i just did not read it thru enough ,, sorry :(
But please post back and let us know about the prob ;)

JimE

Re: Electrical Problem

Well guys I feel pretty silly. I found the breakers on the side of the genset and yes one of them was tripped. Threw the switch and all is now well. Thanks once again for your help!!

JimE

I just got home from a great hunting trip in West Texas and just wanted to say thanks for the assistance. The motorhome ran great!!

G

Great to here that everything went ok on u'r rv and u'r trip ,,, if u have any other probs please feel free to post here (and there is never a dumb question)
cause all of us on here have a prob or two ,, and it may be the same kinda prob u'r having ,,, also we like having fun rving ,, cause that's what's all about
:)

G

O bty JimE i forgot to mention that the fact that the breaker tripped once ,, u should ck it it out more (not being pushy) but if it trips again for no reason ,, then i would suggest repalcing the breaker ,,, me and and my men have found out that somtimes the breakers get weak and even though they still look good ,, they are not ,, they somtimes will not hold up to the temps and loads on them ,,, sorry for not putting this in the last post :( :)