Electrical Problems

Gena51000

I have a 2001 flagstaff travel trailer. Tonight, something happened to the electrical system. The camper was connected to my home electricity. I could hear the converter and could tell it was getting power, but there was nothing else on or in the camper that would work or indicated that the camper has power. I have checked the fuses in the converter and the fuses at the area of the battery outside of the camper. Please Please Please give me advice on what to check next. Thanks!

Krazeehorse

Electrical Problems

Did you check for voltage at the fuses? You can do this with a 12V test light or a voltmeter. I would also check the voltage at the battery. Check it with your unit plugged into your home and unplugged as well. Maybe your battery shorted and is consuming all the power the converter is making. That's just some basic stuff. I don't know anything in particular about your specific model trailer. Good luck.

rv wizard

Electrical Problems

Check to make sure the battery disconnect switch does not have the battery(s) disconnected. Have you checked any 120 volt apparatuses?

wittmeba

Electrical Problems

quote:Originally posted by Gena51000

I have a 2001 flagstaff travel trailer. Tonight, something happened to the electrical system. The camper was connected to my home electricity. I could hear the converter and could tell it was getting power, but there was nothing else on or in the camper that would work or indicated that the camper has power. I have checked the fuses in the converter and the fuses at the area of the battery outside of the camper. Please Please Please give me advice on what to check next. Thanks!

All you checked was upstream from the inside breaker box for your trailer. Did you check the main & sub breakers for your trailer (usually inside a cabinet)? If you tripped the main, nothing in the trailer will work.

Gena51000

Electrical Problems

Thank you so much for the advice! I am printing out this information for my husband to look over and try. We did try the electrical outlets this morning and they also have power to them. However, the lights, a/c and furnace do not work. Still, further advice and information is welcome. Once again, thank you thank you thank you!!

Gena51000

Electrical Problems

Update: Thanks to all of you who answered my question on the electrical problems. After checking fuses, connections, etc. We put the camper in the shop. It turned out to be a faulty converter (the camper was less than a year old). Anyway, everything turned out great for us, the converter was covered by warranty and we are rolling once again! Happy Camping.