Electrical

MDThayer

:( I posted in the Class C section 1st. My Minni doesn't seem to be getting juice from my batteries. The batteries are fully charged. The electricity works if plugged into outlet. Could it be the selonoids themselves and if so, then?????

The generator tries to crank - sort of. It makes a clicking noise only if the RV is plugged in. The altitude setting on the generator was for high altitude. Guess the place didn't reset it when we had it serviced.

Anyway, it's the 1st problem that really concerns me.

Diane Thayer
2000 Minni Winne
2 Kayaks
1 Golden Retriever

Bush70

Re: Electrical

If the gen. won't turn over and you have no 12v inside then the batterys are dead or one of the main conections at the batterys is bad. Check the cables for a good conection both in the ground and pos. That is really all it can be. Also, I am not being wise but make sure you are checking the right batterys. Coach not chassis.
Good Luck

TexasClodhopper

Diane, my Winnie will do the same exact thing if the battery cutoff switch is thrown. My disconnect is right inside the door. Yours may be different.

The clue is that the generator acts like it is being started with a dieing battery. It is just trying to crank through the engine battery and the isolator.

That disconnect switch on mine is a momentary rocker switch. Dig out the book if you can't find it, but it should be well labeled.

MDThayer

Thanks for both of your suggestions. I did check the coach battery. They are new and fully charged. I will look for that battery cutoff switch. That almost makes since. Hope it is that simple. I'll let ya know.

Diane Thayer
2000 Minni Winne
2 Kayaks
1 Golden Retriever

Kirk

Do you have a good meter? If so you can trace the voltage starting at the batteries and then see where it is lost. That would be the best way to find the problem.