Electronically Heated Holding Tanks

JGS

I am in the process of buying a Flagstaff 8528 CKSS fifth wheel. The salesman tells me I do not have electronically heated holding tanks. When you look under the trailer the underbelly is enclosed. I believe he is wrong but he says he can't find a switch so I can't have it. Does anyone have a Flagstaff where they advertise "enclosed sectional underbelly" and "electronically heated holding tanks"? Do you have a switch? How would I be able to find out if I have those or not? He says this particular model wasn't made with it. I think it is bunk because this is a 2007 model....Classic Super Lite. The 2006 models have it so why would they not do it in 2007 for a short period of time as he suggests because the brochures for 2006, 2007 and 2008 all say I have it. He wants to sell me a heated blanket and whatnot to the tone of $2600.00. Anyone's help would be greated appreciated.

Thx

hertig

Re: Electronically Heated Holding Tanks

Generally those trailers with enclosed tanks are heated (if they are heated) by having a furnace vent into the compartment.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Electronically Heated Holding Tanks

IF and I mean IF you have "electronically heated holding tanks", there may not be a switch. It is done by the temperature.

JGS

RE: Electronically Heated Holding Tanks

Thank you to both of you who wrote. I called the manufacturer this morning and they were very helpful. I do have electronically heated holding tanks! The guy said I would have a switch and he described all the switches so I went down to the RV place today and confirmed with another salesman that YES I do have the heated tanks. Boy, this has not been fun but at least I am now not out $2600 for something I didn't need. By the way, I made them take off the $99.00 they were charging for admin fees as I told them I did the admin.

Thanks again.

JGS