EPDM Roofing

jlovett

I have a 2004 R Vision T.T. It has a rubber roof which I think is the original. Can I reseal the roof with a product such as Dicor's EPDM Sealant or does someone have another product they recommend. Don't want to do a complete roof overhaul! :cool:

Triple E

Re: EPDM Roofing

I am not sure of this but I have been told that Dicor is the producer of the rubber roof. Either way Dicor is the product you want to use. :approve:

Ps; Welcome to RVUSA.

jlovett

RE: EPDM Roofing

THe roof is not leaking, just thought maybe a coat of the EPDM sealer might prolong the life of the original rubber roof.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Your roof is only 7 or 8 years old. CLEAN it...do not put that coating on yet. When your roof is 15 years old, then coat it. EPDM roofs are designed to last 20 years...once you put that coating on, you will have to recoat it every year.

Triple E

Ken my roof is 14 years old. Still looks great and I keep it clean. Should I reseal it next year or wait as long as I can?

H2H1

Steve I would think as long as you keep it clean and not use any cleaner that remove the oil out of the rubber top you should be OK. But that just MHO. Mine is 8 years old and I keep it as clean as I can. I use spic and span on mine and so for I am happy with it.

Triple E

10-4, I have been using your solution every since you told me about it. I think it works great. :approve:

See hollis, some people do listen to you. :cool:

C Nash

Steve that's what so good about this forum. All the rvers here have some great info. Never to old to learn, just forget!! :eek: :laugh:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Steve, keep it clean as long as you can....that coating is designed to restore your roof when you actually start washing the white off and you begin to see the black rubber that is underneath. There are a lot of "not so honest dealers" that sell you the coating with a brand new trailer...and that is just plain BS.

sophia james

RV Liquid Roof Coatings by epdmcoatings is the best choice you can try. For more details info you can check
rvliquidroof.blogspot.

victoriamorgon08

Comments: -Only Liquid RV Roof from EPDM Coatings is a true 100% liquid EPDM product. Liquid RV Roof is the liquefied version of a synthetic rubber typically referred to as EPDM. Liquid EPDM can go where the sheet version could never effectively coat. Liquid RV Roof is a one coat system for your RV which results in savings in terms of labor and material costs. The final cured properties of Liquid RV Roof are not damaged by adverse conditions.