Equilizer & Sway Bar?

Old Forum Post

[Maryle] We know an equilizer & sway bar will be important for us pulling our 21ft Towlite, but need your input as to the brand that will serve us best and idea on price.
Thanks,
Maryle

Old Forum Post

Equilizer & Sway Bar?

[Les Adams] Maryle,

I assume you are talking about the entire hitch??? That is, a weight distributing hitch with w/d bars and antisway device...

Most all are pretty good... Reese, DrawTite, Equal-I-zer, Hensley, Pullrite, and probably others I missed...

Some (Reese, Equal-I-zer, Hensley) have anti sway built into them and the Hensley is touted to be the best in eliminating sway but it comes at a stiff price ($2600)...

I personally use a DrawTite Class IV hitch (#10,000 max with #1000 tongue weight max) to pull my 27&#039 Nomad which weighs in at #6300 fully loaded... I use #1000 w/d bars and 2 friction type anti sway devices and a Drawtite full electronic brake controller...

Most all will work well for you if set-up properly... If you are not experienced with the setup or are unsure, either find a good hitch shop, a dependable RV dealer, or find a knowledgeable RV&#039er to give you hand...

A properly setup hitch makes towing effortless and conversely, a hitch that isn&#039t setup properly can make the RV experience a real nightmare...

There could be quite a price spread on prices depending on what you buy but I would say with a standard w/d hitch, antisway, and brake controller you will be in the $500-$600 area installed...

There could be a pretty large price spread depending on what type of vehicle the hitch is being installed on and how much time (labor) is necessary to properly install it... Pickup trucks are probably the easiest with other types of vehicles falling in behind that...

If you have additional questions drop me a line at "LandLAdams@aol.com"

Good Luck and Best Regards,

Les