BAdkins

I'm new and I would give other details if I had them

I have not made a purchase yet....

maybe a 30ft 30,000 5th whheel...Jayco

is the sales tax deductable this year?

maybe a 2500 truck...

hertig

Re: est cost of a 5th wheel insurance

Insurance is pretty cheap since you don't need liability. I think mine was about $90 for a $20,000 trailer.

Sales tax is deductable, but if you take that option, you have to give up something else worth $2000 -$3000 (don't recall what, but I do remember having to make that decision a couple of years ago).

DL Rupper

I'm paying about $30/month for Full-time RV insurance, but I had a slight little accident pulling my 5er through a gas station to get a cup of coffee. :clown: :eek:

Wind River

BAdkins,

Please check with your insurance agent. There are many variables concerning insurance coverage. You are paying your agenet for advice and guidance.

hertig

An automobile insurance agent may not be knowlegeble about, or their company may not support the best, RV insurance.

Checking with an expert is good advice. Just make sure that the expertise is in RV insurance.

Wind River

If you are full timing you do need Comprehensive Personal Liability, especially if you do not have homeowners or renters insurance. Be sure to talk to your agent or broker to make sure your homeowners insurance will cover your personal liability on the road. Better safe than sorry.

daytona7

I have State Farm for my TV here in Florida. SF will only insure my 5ver if is kept on my property and only used occasionally. Like 3-4 weeks a year. I only called Foremost to inquire and was quoted $228 for 12 months. This is for a 1993 so a newer RV will cost somewhat more. Unlike most other insurances, Foremost does not use credit scores to determine if they will provide you with insurance.
So, Shop Around and ask questions.

DL Rupper

Progressive came to the rescue. Never had better insurance or better customer care (so far). HAIL, HAIL to their rapid response to the hail damage. They are paying $6000 to replace my hood, top, front fenders and lots of repair to the doors and truck bed. Almost an entire new paint job. Estimate Apr 11 to be back in action. The Jetta rental car is great.

H2H1

DL that sounds good, be sure to check and double check everything before you sign off on the repair bill. I know sounds dumb but I know you will. keep us informed on how everything goes for you.

DARLING

Glad that your insurance co is taking care of your truck proper

By the way, How is that Jetta? Comfortable? Gas or diesel? Cheap to run?

Darlin :cool:

DL Rupper

The Jetta is a gasser. I like it, however, I've had cars that get better mileage (around 25 in town). It's comfortable and has lots of goodies. Power everything. I went to the Dayton car show yesterday and was surprised that they were only around $20K.

elkhartjim

DL...glad things worked so wel for you with progressive. I hope the repairs good as well as the rest of it... no matter how good things go, its still a a pain in the rear.

DL Rupper

Agree on the pain :dead: I have high hopes. My Dodge dealer is doing the repair and my salesman said they do really good work. He said they recently hired a 5 star body shop manager . The salesman has been a straight shooter, so far.
:)

raskal

DL, do you have Progressive for your 5ER as well? We're running with GEICO on the GMC and another provider for the 5ER ... no claims on the 5ER from the other company. GEICO has been excellent on servicing and responding to our vehicles prior to the GMC though insurance for it (the GMC) based on SD address is twice more expensive than it was in VA.

DL Rupper

raskal, I have full-timers insurance with Progressive Direct on the 5er for $33/month. However, it is old and I only carry $500 deductible on collision and $250 deductible on comprehensive. You can set the price on what you want them to cover your personal items for.

Progressive really did a good job of getting my truck repaired fast and my truck dealer in Ohio did a great job of fixing my truck. $7000 damage and it cost me $100 deductible on the truck comprehensive. Truck looks like new.

What I like about Progressive Direct is you can deal with them direct on the Internet, e-mail or call and talk to them. They respond very fast to phone calls. No waiting an hour for the next available rep. They beat the cost of insurance I previously carried with GMAC (Good Sam VIP).