Ex Hurricane Coast

elkhartjim

Re: Ex Hurricane Coast

Good to hear from you Tex. i was w/o power for only three days and like you I diiscovered it was on by accident. I was out in the motorhome and kept hearing voices and finally realized my tv had come on in the house.

cwishert

Jim are you sure those weren't the little voices in your head? :clown: Just kidding. I am so glad to hear that you and Tex are up and running again. I am sure everyone has a lot of work ahead of them. Luckily in our immediate area there was very little damage and the power was only out for a short period of time overnight on the night of the storm. Tex you could have a really big bonfire and we could all come and roast some marshmallows. :laugh:

TexasClodhopper

"Tex you could have a really big bonfire and we could all come and roast some marshmallows.
icon_smile_big.gif
"

Would you like steaks with your bonfire, too? :clown:

It's all I can do to get this "firewood" cut into big chunks and dragged to the front ditch.

I would think that some of you entrepreneurs from the cold country would bring your trucks, trailers, chainsaws and log splitters down here and haul back some firewood. You could make a quick buck for the winter. Once I get it cut and hauled, I'm not letting it go for free! :laugh:

cwishert

Well Tex, if i wasn't working 12 hours a day seven days a week right now, I would offer to come help on the weeknd. But as it is right now, I don't think I will be off on a weekend until the middle of October. :disapprove: :angry: I don't know how long I can handle these kinds of hours. I know I'm spoiled but most people do need at least a day to recuperate during the week. :dead: John has been working just as hard as I am too, because he works from 7:30 - 6:00 Monday through Friday and is also in charge of getting our 15 year old daughter back and forth to school and to all her activities as well as having to go grocery shopping on the weekend and doing most of the laundry and cooking. I am actually looking forward to my dentist appointment tomorrow because at least I will be home before 8:00 tomorrow night. :eek: Well Tex I know you have a lot of work ahead of you so you take care and you make some money off that wood. :laugh:

Pillaz

Tex, It sounds tempting to come get that fire wood as I live in the cold north. My home heating company informed me that I will be paying $4.70/gal for heating oil.!!! If I come get that would wouldn't that be cutting into your oil profits though??? :laugh: :laugh:
Glad that you are ok. You could do a fall foilage tour and bring me the wood> :clown:
Good luck and have fun.