excellent rv park in Palm Desert

catfam

Just returned from Palm Desert where we had the good fortune to have stayed at the Emerald Desert Golf and RV Resort for several days in our Bounder. The sites are all paved with full services - the RV park itself is like an oasis with excellent facilities ie: large fully equipt exercise room-large pool with surrounding patios ,tables, chairs loungers and hot tubs-internet hookups and lots of green grass [what isn't paved is planted]. I know this sounds like a commercial but this Park was by far the best one we came across and the most reasonable $37.50 per night. The unfortunate thing is they close on 4 May for the season. The best part is they don't have posted endless rules and regulations like some do.
We paid $50.00 to park in a serviced gravel parking lot in Mesquite on the way home

G

RE: excellent rv park in Palm Desert

why do they close in May???? ,, that should be start of full season for most parks ,, and yea it 's cheap ,, i am paying $62.00 per day in MB ,,
;) :)
But i also have a concrete pad and if u step out the door u hit sand ,, not any sand ,, but the ocean sand ,, yup right on the beach ,, so if they get big swells at high tide ,, i guess i'll find out if the MH will float :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :clown:

catfam

Re: excellent rv park in Palm Desert

I believe they close because most of the " snowbirds "[ Winter months RVers from the North] head home at the end of April and it gets too hot in the Summer. While we were there during the last 3 weeks of April the noon-day temps were in the high to mid 90's and the evening temps were in the mid 60's with not a cloud un the sky. All this while it was snowing and freezing in Northern Utah/Idaho/Montana [ our route home]. We stayed - suntaned - drank cold beer and watched the northern weather on the internet= it was Paradise

G

Re: excellent rv park in Palm Desert

now that sounds like my kind of weather ,, lows in the 60's and high's in the 90's .... YIP YEA ,, :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :laugh: :laugh: :cool: :cool: :cool: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh:

mdavis5855

Hi. Like some places in Southern California Desert It gets to Hot. 110 to 120 degrees are comming soon.

G

now i can REALLY get into that kinda weather ;) :approve: :approve: :approve: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :) :) :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

StanH

I live out here in Sky Valley about 20 minutes from PD. When it really gets HOT (June thru Sept) I'm outdoors from 5am to 11am and indoors untill about 7pm. Then you can go out or bbq.
Stan :cool:
No Shoes about 30 seconds
No Shirt...YES and LONGSLEEVE
And A hat then No Problem
It's during the winter that I get my tan.
Stan :cool: