Exercising in an RV

swbouton

As I enter semi-retirement at 66 years, 6'2" and 275 pounds, I need to find a way to get into better shape while in my 5'er.

I have a daily routine of 14 yoga/stretch exercises, but I need more.

I am interested in exercises or small equipment that I can use in a 5th wheeler that will address my conditioning.

Thanks, in advance, for your advice.

Steve

Clay L

You might try Googling for exercise bands. They are useable in an RV. Some have a bracket that fits in the door.

vanole

Steve,

Clay is on to something. I've used exercise bands for years while in the Navy. They work if you use them.

That said I think I've bought enough exercise equipment over the years most all of them have turned into additional things to hang clothes from. Have to admit I did buy an elliptical that gets lots of use but is way too big for Rving.

Have you thought about biking even though its not an inside activity usually? See many folks all sizes riding bikes, folding and regular DF bikes. They also make folders in 24-26 inch variety vice the standard 20 inch ones you see all over the campgrounds. I just bought a recumbent trike and am trying to figure out how to adapt a regular bike rike to carry it south this winter.

rjf7g

Wii Fit has some pretty cool exercise programs that utilize it and you can get quite a workout.

RanCarr

swbouton;79762 said:
As I enter semi-retirement at 66 years, 6'2" and 275 pounds, I need to find a way to get into better shape while in my 5'er.

I have a daily routine of 14 yoga/stretch exercises, but I need more.

I am interested in exercises or small equipment that I can use in a 5th wheeler that will address my conditioning.

Thanks, in advance, for your advice.

Steve

Have you considered dieting and walking? Most of us seniors can walk and the more we walk the better shape we're in. Due to the limited space in any RV you don't have many options. You can buy weights and lift them but those with real trainers do best with them. There are also exercise bands that are like large rubber bands that will help. But in the end walking and dieting will do it every time. :)

swbouton

I think I will start with the exercise bands. I'd have to get a rack for a bike since my truck is already loaded with the 5th mount and two kayaks. Walking is out of the questions for me since I have a lot of back pain after 15 minutes of just standing. (Spinal stenosis and arthritis). I am doing some yoga and stretching that might help with that.

I really appreciate all your ideas and help.

Thanks,

Steve

Tony the travel tiger

Start walking or jogging for a minimum of 20 minutes every other day with plenty of stretching before and afterwards. Make sure to drink plenty of WATER, not 'fluids' WATER.

Boyde31

Like others said, it would be best to start walking and jogging. However, if you are looking for another opportunity, you could get a set of the dumbells that change weight by clicking them into the different categories. I don't remember exactly what they are called, but they are good for saving space. They are a bit pricey, so it all depends on your financial ability as well.

Tony the travel tiger

adjustabled dumbells, walmart here had them a few years ago following Bowflex's ads. They were close to 100$ per pair and went up to 45lbs.

You can work every muscle on your body with a dumbell set, bench to lay on and a pullup bar.

ejdixon

I've recently got into this kettleball fitness program, and it's been really helpful. I found a set of three different weights in Amazon that was just about $60.