external shower

jdgramke

Has anyone been able to find replacement faucet nuts for a Fontana Outdoor Shower? They will only sell me the whole faucet assembly for about $20 when all I need is one little piece, which will probably break anyway. Perhaps someone on the forum has found a way to re-plumb with more durable hardware.

rjf7g

Re: external shower

I removed the shower head and added a fitting that will allow me to attach a water hose with nozzle. I got everything at Lowe's. No leaks, no drips, no runs...If you're in VA and can pick it up, you can have my shower nozzle.

elkhartjim

Darn Becky, what great idea. To me the "outside shower" is about useless. How do you wash your hands and push the button at the same time?

H2H1

Hey Jim I think it is useless also THAT IS THE SHOWER, but it come in handy when washing your hands after hooking up the sewer line or dumping it.

ARCHER

Well, I humbly disagree that the outside shower is useless. We use it after we have been to the beach fishing or just getting sandy from laz'n around. It's a lot easier to hose the sand off outside, wash your hands after cleaning fish, etc., then tracking the sand inside the trailer and leaving it in the sinks and shower. And yes, it is great to wash my hands outside after messing with the dump tanks. Keep soap handy also. It is HOT/COLD also, so we like that.
BTW, hello to all. Have not been posting for a long long time. I'm fine healthwise and looking forward to heading back to Florida for the winter. Seriously thinking of selling and moving there perm, but 2 of 4 grandkids still near the old homestead so probably wait until the prices go back up,,,,,ha ha

H2H1

well ARCHER it is good to see you back on the forum, and good point about the sand, but since I don't do the beach like ROD :laugh: . I only use it for clean up after hook up or dump

TexasClodhopper

Archer, since you haven't been around too much lately, you just have to be told not to say the "B" word on here until Rod (730) has had time to relax with his favorite beverage. The "B" word just sets him off, and he starts pining for that 'thing' that is usually at the edges of a large body of water and has umbrellas and chairs and lifeguards on it.

jdgramke

Thanks for that suggestion. I can probably just use a couple of brass hose bibs and a Y. The trick will be getting the compartment closed. My shower head was actually quite handy, when it worked; it locks in the on position and hangs on the compartment door for hands free use.

G

here we go agian ,, someone said the B word ,, but i can dream for now ,, well untill Aug ,, i hope ,, but as for the shower ,, my MH did not have one ,, but i added one ,, as yes great for getting the sand off of u'r feet ,, or any other parts ,, and yes mine is plumbed with hot and cold water ,, i use it even when not at the B ,, it is good for cleaning fish ,, when i do catch them ,, at MR ,, but mine has knobs like a regular faucet ,, no button to push or anything ,, and Archer ,, hope u can get out soon ,, but if u do move to FL ,, make sure it's right on the beach ,, and let me know when u are leaving ,, i will stowaway in one of u'r cars or whatever :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :approve: :approve:

rjf7g

I have found several shower-like nozzles for the garden hose that have an on/off setting that is easy to use. It works great.

jdgramke

RE: external shower

hello all,
I was able to find a generic RV shower at Ace Hdwr, most of the internal components are interchangable with the Fontana brand and look a little heavier duty. This way I didn't have to wait for the part (the cost was about the same as ordering from the factory) and I didn't have to tear the TT apart to replace the assembly.
I'll let you know if the fix holds or if the faucet "blows out" again.
Thanks,
Jim G.

brodavid

Hey Rod, It is hot here today at the B, come on down, Sarah has some ice pops in the freezer