Falling Diesel prices

elkhartjim

Bought diesel today in Pearl, MS at a Pilot for $2.96/gal. Twenty miles down the road it was $2.84. Hundred miles down the road it was $3.45. I guess the morale to the story is the same as "smoke' em if you have em".

Shadow

Re: Falling Diesel prices

Darn, paid 3.69 for diesel today in Sugarland Tx. Need to start traveling !!

elkhartjim

Well heck Shadow. You're too close to where it comes out of the ground and is refined. Probably some tax breaks for shipping to another state.

cwishert

Don't know how much diesel is but I paid $2.55 for regular today and the price seems to be dropping daily. Hopefully by saturday it will be at $2.50.

DL Rupper

There are about 4 oil refineries that I can see from my RV window in North Salt Lake, UT. However, diesel has come down from about $3.79 when I got here 3 weeks ago to $3.47/gal. Not near enough considering how much it's dropping elsewhere in the U.S. and the fact that a barrel of oil has dropped 50% but a gallon of diesel has only dropped 27% here. It's still better than paying the $4.79/gal I was paying last summer.

With the worldwide slow down I don't think oil will be going up anytime soon so everyone will forget about exploring/drilling offshore and in Anwar until the next big spike hits. We will still be 10 years away from getting the oil out of the ground. Too bad we can't start drilling now.

Well enjoy your vote and don't complain when the next big, big raise in gas/diesel prices hit. We will be burning whatever windmills and solar panels produce by then. It will be time to get some good walking shoes because that's what we will be doing a lot of. Lots of luck on that one. :eek:

C Nash

Yep, now that they have thrown us a bone by lowering prices we will forget drilling, new refineries and different sources. We will still be behind 10 years when the prices are 5.00 a gallon again.

elkhartjim

DL, I did my part. Gladly I stood in line 40 minutes to cast my vote Tuesday. Too bad Texas is one of the states that requires a picture ID that matches your voters registration or I would go back and vote as Mickey or Goofy.

ARCHER

They conditioned us for over 3.00+ a gallon, so now we are so happy to see $2.80 a gallon that everyone will stop complaining. Too bad those in South America with the Dictator is King, only pay around .18cent a gallon. S.Penn the actor who is good buddies with that guy should have set up a deal with him, Obama and the rest of the Democrats to even lower gas more and say that Obama was responsible for the lower prices.......go figure. Glad I got rid of my Class A. Sorry, got on my high horse again. :( :blackeye: :dead: :disapprove: :sleepy:

Shadow

Need some hay for that horse Mike? :laugh: :) When I was in my twenty's we were ten years out. When I was in my thirty's we were ten years out. Now in my fifty's their telling me it would take ten years. :dead: :angry:

ARCHER

I paid $2.91 for premium gas for Linda's car today at Sam's Club in Florida, Melbourne.

pipelinemama

$2.39 gas in Hot Springs, AR yesterday. I liked to have ran off the road when I saw that on the sign! Every other station in town was $2.44 i think.

(my thoughts exactly c nash!) I'm afraid we'll get complacent. :blackeye:

C Nash

Mary, are you sure all those stations didn't go out of business several year ago :eek: :laugh: . Saw a cheap price one time so turned around and went back to get gas and they had closed and never took the sign down. :angry: :laugh:

cwishert

We saw regular gas today in Port Lavaca TX for $2.29 and yes the station was open! We paid $2.49 on Saturday and actually filled the MH up for $100.00 :approve:

vanole

Ken,

Any Quarles stations near you??? Here in Va Beach today at the Quarles cardlock diesel is $2.65, did not bother to check what reg unleaded was but passing by two regular gas stations unleaded appears to be running about $2.29 to $2.33 range.

V/R
Jeff

SnowbirdInFlight

RE: Falling Diesel prices

Diesel at Richmond Hill, GA at the Kroger store right off I95 is $3.39 and $3.29 if you use your Kroger Card and get the ten cents off. Yippee!

G

RE: Falling Diesel prices

well gas here in TN (not where i am ) hit 1.89 and diesel was 2.99 :eek: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: