falling from the sky

G

Well guess what happened today????
It rained :eek: ,, yep we got 2 inches and it is still raining ,,, i thought i heard some trees on my place shouting ,, but i think it was the grass or maybe the flowers ,, hell some kinda plant was happy ,, the way i see it ,, i'll be making my 3rd cutting of hay sometime in Jan..
Most all of us farmers around here have had to feed all the first and second cutting ,, due to the drought ,,, but at least we finally got some wet stuff :approve: :) :)
Bty i feel for all those in Cali...

C Nash

Re: falling from the sky

Yep 730, we finally got a good one also. The catfish were on the dam dancing and the dog ran under the house. Roosters were crowing and the well bucket was trying to catch the drops. A rabbit just ran across the yard with a lifejacket on and the worms in the ground were finally able to dig out. Seeds that I had sown in early spring are starting to come up and the lawn mower just cranked itself. Found a leak still in the MH that I had paid to have fixed a year ago. Well, that was a good thing it didn't leak when it didn't rain. Recond it's still in warranty? :laugh: Finally had enough water to take a bath but all that washed of dirt clogged the tub drain. And it's still raining :)

Grandview Trailer Sa

Here in Central VA, we did not get enough to dampen the dust. Trees around here are begging dogs to pee on them. Forcast looks hopefull tomorrow and Fri.

DL Rupper

Hot and humid here in SC. No rain. The dry pine needles are falling on my RV and it just sounds like rain. :eek:

G

where u at in SC DL ???? (boy do wish i was at the beach in SC)
Never mind i'll track the diesel fumes :laugh: :laugh: :bleh: :approve: :cool:

G

:laugh: that's funny Nash ,, all execpt for the water leak in u'r rv ,, hope u find it soon ,,, u know what can happen with water and a rv :eek: ;) :)

G

I took the dogs out a few hours ago ,, and u will never guess what i saw ...
The rv had opened the hose conpartment and hooked itself up to the the freshwater connection and unrolled the WHITE HOSE to get to the rain ,,, now that is strange ,,, just kidding around with u all ,,, but glad some of are getting rain ;) :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :clown:

ARCHER

Chelse,
You know that your baths are outside in the big ole wash tub and it doesn't have any drain, just dump it out and start over. :)
BTW, saw some bad weather up in your neck of the woods. Hope all is ok, think it was near Mobile.

DL Rupper

IT RAINED last night and we had the bedroom vent open. It hasn't rained down here for so long we didn't even think about closing it. :( ;) :eek:

*scooter*

From here in No. Cal. around the foothills of the Seirras, not much rain but lots of sun. The weather has been great but sure do need the wet stuff. When it has rained it just means one less day of watering! Down in So. Ca. they are having a horrible time. Santa Ana winds and all don't help. I heard it might not be over til the first days of Nov.
:(

G

i hope u don't have to get the hella outta there do to the fires ,, if so at least u have a place to stay ,, unlike those unfortunate people that have lost everything,,, my thoughts and prayers go out to them :approve:
Bty DL u never mentioned WHERE IN SC ARE U,,,, i want the beach ,,, and if u'r close to one down there ,,, then u'll be having a neighbor REAL SOON :laugh: :laugh: ;) :evil:

C Nash

Archer, no problem with the tub baths. Just plant my tomatos in them after a bath and don't even have to fertilize arter the grandkids get through with theirs :eek: . Had a tornado just a few miles south of me but we were in the storm pit. Just rain and a little wind and lighting here.

730, I have fought this leak for awhile now. Does not leak all the time and just a little dampness in the carpet on the right front some times. The local dealer presurized it and fixed all the leakes he could find but it didn't help this one. I have sealed every thing from front to back and will think I have it solved but it will reappear. Guess it just has to be sitting a certain way. Hmm maybe one of the grandkids is using it for a potty :eek: or it is on the better halfs side and I do scare her at times. Maybe I had better look over there after I have driven by one of those high drop offs on her side :laugh:

ARCHER

Chelse, I still have a leak on the ole Winnebago that I still have not figured out. I've eveything I can think about and when it rains, I still get water either by drivers door or same side in rear depending on angle of MH. I want to fix it before we try and sell the MH next spring. Even thought about takeing it back to factory to have them fix a couple bubbles and that darn leak. Might cost me a little, but I hope I can get it back out of her when we sell. She still only has 18K miles on her and all the nice oak inside.

*scooter*

730, we are too far north to be affected by the fires. Although, a few years ago there was a big firestorm in the Oakland hills that I got real familiar with..

DL Rupper

730, we left the beach (Myrtle) a couple of days ago. We were going to stay close to Charleston, but the Passport America Park (Lake Aire) charged extra for everything so we bypassed it and are up by I-95. Got cable TV and wifi cheaper than the PA Park's discount rate for FH's without/cable. Of course it costs more to drive to Charleston, but it's the principle that counts. The only way I know to express my disapproval is with my wallet and of course the www.rvparkreviews.com. :approve:

The big California fires are right where we lived (San Clemente, Oceanside, Escinitas) while I was stationed at Camp Pendleton many years ago. Almost bought a 3 bedroom ranch house in San Clemente overlooking the Ocean for $21,000. That tells you how long ago it was. We would be rich if we had bought it and stayed in California for about 40 years and then sold. Hope the place doesn't burn down.

G

Ok DL i see how u are ,, but i think u left something very important at the campsight in Myrtle off u'r rv ,, u better turn around and head back and go look for it ,, i'll be down in a few hours to help u look ,, if u get there after me ,, i'll be on the beach ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :8ball: :clown: :bleh:

G

Ok here we go again ,, we got rain ,, yes ,,, but last night i was awakened by one of my trees ,, yes a tree ,,, he had a sign , that i think him and the hay fields made up ,, anyway ,, it said quit teasing us ,, we got wet the other day and now u shut it off,,, what gives... Just funnin around :laugh: :laugh: :clown: :clown: :clown:
But yes the rain we got did nothing ,, we are right back where we started in this drought ,,, and the forcast is for lotsa liquid sunshine for the next 7 to 10 days ,, oh we might get a sprinkle or 2 ,, but it won't help ;) :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

Kirk

We are in southern California and we got smoke! But the fire crews have been making major progress against all but one of the big fires the past two days and the winds have been pretty mild. Supposed to dtay that way for three more days so with any luck they will all be contained by then. Several of the smaller ones are now almost out or out and most are getting close to control.

A little rain here would help but it isn't likely to happen.

G

hope they don't have to move u Kirk ,, but then again u have a house on wheels :)