Fifth Wheel Help

jcwb2000

Looking at buying a 2006 Jayco Eagle. Don't know anything about the quality.......could anyone advise? Where can I find ratings for fifth wheels. I want a quality built unit. Thanks for your help and advice.

cdrcos

Fifth Wheel Help

There is a "consumer reports" for RV's. As I have in the past on this forum, I would urge you, or anyone else planning to buy an RV, to get a copy of the RV Consumer's Group ratings guide (book or CD). The will give you some objective information and ratings on the different models out there. Yes, the guide costs about $80, but that is pretty insignificant when you are going to spend $25,000+ on a fifth wheel. (You may be able to find the guide in some libraries.)

We have used the guide to purchase our last 3 RV's and found the ratings to be quite accurate. The RV we purchased before we discovered the ratings was a piece of junk and we wish we had know about the RVCG guide then. (The guide had accurately predicted it was poor in quality.) There are models out there that are better rated for the same money and identical features. Unless you are an expert on RV's (which we are not), think about it. The RV Consumers Group website is: www.rv.org

Do not believe anything that RV salespeople tell you and only about half of what RV owners tell you about their rigs. They are not objective after having made a decision and sinking $25,000+ into their rigs. They want to believe they got the best.

Good Luck!