Fifth Wheel Hitches

weewee

Can any of you guys that pull 5th wheels tell me if a hitch called a (LIL Rocker) is any good, I plan on towing a small 26ft Jayco.

BarneyS

Fifth Wheel Hitches

I don't pull a 5th wheel but lots of people use the LIL Rocker and seem satisfied. I think it is a good hitch.
Barney

1997 Sunnybrook 26CKS TT
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab, short bed, 5.9gas, auto. 3:54
1996 Harley Davidson FLHRI

Gary B

Fifth Wheel Hitches

Hi weewee, the LIL Rocker is made by RBW, they are an excellent mfg of 5th wheel jitchs, slide out mech., I towed for many years with one of their hitchs and if I go back to a 5th wheel would buy another of their hitches

gae

Fifth Wheel Hitches

LOOK Carefully before u buy. Have a Reese 15000K 5th wh/hitch. Have seen other models that have a "rotating" type lock bar that prevents the hitch/pin from coming loose if the jaws on the hitch were not fully locked. WELL WORTH any extra cost. One time, after hastily hooking up to get home to a sick family member, and after visually checking the hitch, 5th wheel dropped immediately onto the truck bed. New F250 s/duty. Embarassment & financial agony...!! Repair to bed? 1750$.

Gary B

Fifth Wheel Hitches

HI gae, sorry to hear about the false hitch, as you say it can be costly, that why I like my RBW hitch they have a positive locking system, been using onesince 1992 and never a problem, did once use my brothers pickup and his reese hitch just to move my 5er in and out of my building (had my slide-in on my truck) got the 5er out removed my slide-in and backed the 5er back in, just pulled ahead about 3 ft to spot the trailer and bang it dropped down on his bed rails, luckily no real damage as I was just about stopped. For that reason I'll never own a reese hitch. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :approve: