FIFTH WHEEL PROBLUM

FLAT TOP

WHEN FIRST START OF AND WHEN STOPPING THERE SEEMS TO BE A LITTLE SLACK IN THE REESE SLIDER 16K. NOT TO BAD JUST HEAR IT CLICK. IS THIS NORMAL FOR A SLIDER HITCH.

thumbs

FIFTH WHEEL PROBLUM

Jim

I can't say one way or the other but I do know that this is not the first time I have heard this commemt. Check the archives. I am sure there is info on this.

Gary

buckbs

FIFTH WHEEL PROBLUM

I have a new truck and fifth wheel with a Reese 20K hitch and have the same problem. My dealer that I bought the RV from installed the hitch and I'm getting ready to take it back. I'm not happy with the installation at all. Have heard about this clunking problem with Reese hitches before yours and mine, so Reese might look into this before their reputation starts to suffer.

Buckbs
2002 F-350, PSD, dually, 4.10, auto, LS, with tranny, pyro, boost gauges
2002 Newmar 35ft. fifth wheel 35LKSA

buckbs

FIFTH WHEEL PROBLUM

I have a new truck and fifth wheel with a Reese 20K hitch and have the same problem. My dealer that I bought the RV from installed the hitch and I'm getting ready to take it back. I'm not happy with the installation at all. Have heard about this clunking problem with Reese hitches before yours and mine, so Reese might look into this before their reputation starts to suffer.

Buckbs
2002 F-350, PSD, dually, 4.10, auto, LS, with tranny, pyro, boost gauges
2002 Newmar 35ft. fifth wheel 35LKSA

hertig

FIFTH WHEEL PROBLUM

Pullrite claims that this is due to the Reese jaws not being perfectly round, or fitted to the kingpin. Also, those round pins in rectangular slots holding the hitch to the rails add to the problem. Pullrite hitches, of course, are designed not to have this problem :)

Annoying, yes, but Reese (and most other manufacturers) have exhibited this behavior for many years without problems (that I am aware of, anyway).