fifth wheel towing

orbital

I just bought my 5vr last weekend and have not picked it up yet. My concern is that i have a short bed truck, the 5vr has a short pin on it. Will I have trouble

hertig

fifth wheel towing

Probably. Especially when you are backing up, the turn angle can get so open than the RV 'kisses' the cab. This trouble can be reduced or even eliminated by getting a sliding hitch instead of a fixed one. Unless you get a fance automatic or powered one, should only cost an extra $100 or so, and if you already have a fixed hitch, some of them can be fairly easily converted.

orbital

fifth wheel towing

I am having a slide hitch installed this week, my concern with the short pin is that i will be constantly sliding the hitch.

C Nash

fifth wheel towing

depends on how many sharp turns you have. probably only when you are backing into campsites or making sharp turn pulling out. I pulled a fifth wheel with a short bed and very seldom had to use the slider but would not have one without the slider hitch. Just be aware and watch the sharp turns.

rt446dm

fifth wheel towing

Depends on the Hitch and the pin on the 5th wheel. I have not had any problems with mine and can trun 90 deg. on level ground. My pin extends and hitch has 3 settings.