Fifth wheel vs pull type safety

Old Forum Post

[Paul B] Bert, I think safety begins with the driver! Have the proper tow vechile and trailer combo., be it 5th or TT. Some people like 5th wheels and some like TT&#039s, again safety is what one makes it. I personally like to pull a TT. Happy travels. Paul

Old Forum Post

[JC] Paul, I would be interested in your reasons for prefering a TT over a 5th wheel. I pull a 36&#039TT, my over all length is over 54&#039. So I kind of been thinking about a 5th wheel for shorter overall length and weight distribution. I kind of hate to give up my truck bed space and my wife also likes the kitchen up front,so I&#039m undecided.

Old Forum Post

[swsmith] I think that as far as stability is concerned, the more weight you have on the rear axle the better you are. That is where a truck&#039s load is intended to be. I also have a 36 ft TT, but use a Pullrite hitch that extends the tongue,and more of the weight, to just behind the rear axle. It is a very stable hitch,eliminates sway, and gives you a turning radius much like that of a fiver. If you like your TT, You may consider that. At this point, any number of people will offer additional suggestions, all of them posted to help you. We bought a travel trailer because my head banged in the bedroom(on the ceiling), and we did not want steps once inside. Also, at the time, we had a Suburban, and couldn&#039t afford a new vehicle, as well. As it turned out, we did buy a truck recently. I still feel we made the right decision for us. Regards