Filthy Sewer Hoses

DL Rupper

During my extensive time on the road RV'ing' I have always been amazed at how many of my fellow campers handle their sewer hoses with their bare hands. I wonder if any of them even think about what is coming out of that hose and getting all over their hands when they connect and disconnect from their filthy tanks (I'm sure they go right in and eat ther lunch). Then to top it off, most of them go over to the fresh water tap and stick their sewer hose over it to rinse the sewer hose out. I often ponder if they don't sometimes think about the other stupid camper who might have rinsed their sewer hose with the fresh water tap just before they (Mr/Mrs inconsiderate) pulled into the RV site and connected their fresh water hose to it.

The remedy to this fatal stupidity is for all the stupid RV'ers to buy a box of disposable rubber gloves at Wal-Mart for $4 and use them each and every time they touch the sewer hoses. As for rinsing the sewer hose with the fresh water tap, maybe a 2x4 upside the head. If all else fails, spray the fresh water tap with alcohol or bleach solution before hooking the freshwater hose to it. It may help keep you alive.

This advice is for you to pass on to your fellow campers as I'm sure none of you would be guilty of these indiscretions.

This is my pet peeve. So please forgive my emotional outburst.

Have any of you observed this phenomenon? Or do I look out my window too much.

ARCHER

Filthy Sewer Hoses

This subject has been beat to death on this and many more sites. Maybe next time you are peeping out between the curtains/blinds and see someone who discuss you, you can go out and hand them a pair of the rubber gloves and tell them your concerned for their health...... ;)

DL Rupper

Filthy Sewer Hoses

Gee sorry Archer, I didn't mean to DISGUSS (the word is disgust) anyone. I'm new to this forum, so I'm sorry the subject has been beaten to death. I guess I've spent too much time out on the road peeking through my curtains to know what you RV'er want to be's discuss (thats how the word is used). I hope you are the type that eat your lunch after using bare hands on the sewer hoses. Oh I almost forgot, you probably don't even RV since you spend so much time disgussing this subject. HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU TOO. :kiss:

P.S. Hey Archer, have you ever considered that new users of the forum may not have discussed (there I used it again)this subject to death.
Next time I want to post on the RVUSA FORUM I will be sure to get your approval of the subject.

C Nash

Filthy Sewer Hoses

come on guys "lighten up" DL Rupper if you'll notice Archer put a face after which means "just kidding" I was going to ask you if you used rubber gloves when you did the number 2 since it all is the same stuff :laugh: Sure glad I didn't. .We are all kind of like family here and kid each other all the time. Kenneth, can't recall Gary every calling anyone a liar. Maybe he just questioned something :) Sure hope we don't start correcting spelling and grammer here. I would have to sign off :laugh:

DL Rupper

Filthy Sewer Hoses

I'll start out with all :) ;) :shy: happy faces. I'm sure you all mean well. However, when someone new posts for the first time all you oldies :) should just let the newbies post replies if the subject has been beaten to death and you are tired of discussing it. Try ignoring it. It may go away. You know there are only so many RV topics available to talk about. For instance: Gas vs Diesel, 5th Wheel vs Motorhome, how to clean tanks, what causes this when I do that, what kind of mileage should I get with my new whizzer, etc. You all have posted so many times it appears you would be bored to death to discuss anything. That could be why you all seem to be looking for an excuse to teach the new kids on the block a lesson. I've also noticed you oldies really stick together. Maybe that's why there are so many oldies and not very many newbies. Maybe you drive them all away. :cool: :bleh: :) Just kidding, said with happy faces :approve: :laugh: :blush: . I'm sure now that if I post any new topics I will really get creamed. I guess in the future I'll just sit back and see how many new postings I can criticise :evil: . Whoops, I mean smile at while I jest with them :clown: Maybe you oldtimers should post a set of rules, so we can all play. I didn't know until tonight :( that the little face smiling meant it was all in fun and nobody meant what they were saying. It took me 2 days to figure out how to get him on the page. Gee this is fun I feel better already :) . I'm up to about 17 postings, so will be an old timer soon :question: . Is there a spellcheck on this system? Well I have stirred the pot enough. At least it is somethig NEW to discuss.

ARCHER

Filthy Sewer Hoses

Hey, DL, sure glad you joined the forum. Sorry about the spelling error.
I've learned a lot on this forum and helped a few on the way. Sorry your so touchy.
By the way, Semper Fi (1966-1970)

DL Rupper

Filthy Sewer Hoses

Hey Archer, Semper Fi (60-64),. I'll admit I'm a little touchy. Been stuck in Ohio too long (8mos). Actually I thought this was fun :laugh: . Got my brain working again. I have learned alot about the Forum in a few short days. Will try to chill.
It looks like we have many years working for the DOD in common, besides the CORPS.

C Nash

Filthy Sewer Hoses

Hi DL, Glad you have started having fun. Thanks for bringing it to our attention that we might respect all the newcomers a little more until they get their feet wet. I would guess as you stated that most all questions have been asked a few times before. Yep, when the wheels aint rolling we tend to get kind of grouchy. Thought we were going to have to have John commited before spring this year :laugh: . Your opinion is just as valuable as any of ours. Can see that you have a lot to offer.

Gary B

Filthy Sewer Hoses

This is for Mr Kennth H, I did not call you a Lair, I did question your statements about Fords, I have never ever said Ford are the only vehicles and have no problems. I don't tell tall stries about mileage gotten by this or that vehicle. And I DO NOT send poeple drity rotten e-mails!! I try to live by the code that you sould never say something you can't take back! I still have the rotten e-mail, and I don't skirt the forum rules on commercial post as some do. And I do not that glee in other poeples problems where it be with Fords, Chevys, Dodges, Jayco's, NuWA or Fleetwood, I have always tried to help folks and give them all sides of the equation, not what I like or think is best for them.
If this post makes me a liar in your eyes so be it.
:) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve:

ARCHER

Filthy Sewer Hoses

Well, folks
Seems like there are some raw nerves showing. Hope they heal soon. Interpretation is in the eye of the beholder. Like many have said, we all have some things to offer in this life. Won't be viewed by some as truthful, accurate, reliable, etc., but is one's opinion. Doesn't mean we open ourselves to target practice. If every time I made a mistake in this life I would have been put on public display and whipped and called rotten names and had to publicly tell the world I made a mistake and am so sorry.......I would have spent most of my life in full view of the world. Oh well, life goes on, as does one's opinion.
The many people I have met on this forum, have normally been very helpful (99.9%).
Smile everyone........ :) :laugh: :cool: ;)

C Nash

Filthy Sewer Hoses

Hi Kenneth,
just went back through all your post and guess I missed Gary's post. I see that most of your post have been praising chevy and bashing Ford. You have even blasted dealers, technicians and people on this board. You even called mechanics "*******'s" :angry: . Yes, I resent that as I have made a living in the mechanic field :approve: (CHEVY DEALER)but, I let it go at the time. You even made the statement that Ford dealers probably didn't know what they were doing anyway or something similiar to that :eek: . I call our local Ford dealer often to ask about something I am not familir with and find most to be very knowing about their field. Course most of them in this area I taught them in my class or gave them the means to learn themselves. I do know that some Ford owners of the 6.0 around here are having problems but I have heard very few complaints on the old powerstrokes. Think Ford may have just had to hurry and catch back up with the Duramax. Have also heard of quite a few problems with the Allision trans around here in the Chevys. Check all the queastions directed to Allision Man on this board. They are all going to have problems if man makes them. Yes, there are some so called techs out there that are dangerous with a wrench in his hand so you have to find a good one and then be willing to pay for his knowledge. When on the road ask around the locals and find where the good ones are. Talk to the techs in the dealership before allowing any work done. Sure ALL your techs at your RV business have a sleeve full of medals if you are in the selling end of rvs. We have seen on the board problems rvers have with getting repairs done properly. Having been in the auto repair business for 45+ years I have seen a lot and heard it all.
I am sure you have a lot of postive reports to tell here and can be a lot of help with problems others are having so I hope you will hang around and let water under the bridge flow on.
If I have offended you before I apologize.
PS Excuse the spelling and grammer Never could do either one and don't use spell correct or reread. The first thing I always told my students was Do not talk like me or spell like me. listen to your english teacher and listen to me when it comes to learning to be a technicians. Bet that English teacher can't work on a car[:D

Kenneth H

Filthy Sewer Hoses

Found something VERY interesting today. I looked back at the thread I got blasted in and Gary B. has DELETED all his comments. Does he have something to hide? All mine are still there. It is: Powerstroke VS V-10. Right now on page 8. Anyone interested can go read what is left. By the way, at the end, my claims to my gas mileage was backed up by someone else who I thanked for jumping in.
I will just wait for that apology now.

Gary B

Filthy Sewer Hoses

Hi Kennth, I did not ever call you a liar and yes I removed my supposely offening posts, I stated my opinon on what you posted you did not like that so I removed them. YOU CAN NOT recall the very nasty e-mail you sent me. There will be no apology from me until you recall your e-mail.
GB