Finally found it...but have a couple of questions

Shorty

Well...after years of dreaming and months of research, lookin and kickin' tires we have finaly located my next RV.
I found a 1998 Dutch Star, 8.3 325 Cummins(mechanical injectors) Spartan chassis, very well kept, low millage.
Along with my eyes, it has been checked out by a tech. Am buying it from private party.
I think that the smartest way to go is to have my bank wire the $$ to the bank that has his note.

Has anyone else paid cash for a RV from a private seller that still has a loan on it? What would be the best way to do this?

Also, one last time...anyone have any inputs on this model?

I was torn between Newmar, Monaco and Tiffin...after road tests and reasearch, the Newmar won. BUT, it's not a one deal till the bill of sale is done.

Thanks

Shorty

Re: Finally found it...but have a couple of questions

Guess I'll have to answer myself.
Wire is the fastest and most secure way if there is a payoff involved. Cashiers check can take a week to be cleared by the receiving bank. Giving the seller cash...well.... I do miss the days when everything went by a handshake.

Thank you to ALL of you on this forum. Without this forum I would not have joined the RV consumer group.
Without this forum's knowledge and insight, I would not have been able to make an educated decision.

In fact, I'm a double happy camper....that is untill I sell the older one :)