first time buyer

horsem

I'm thinking of purchasing first time a used Prowler travel trailer any advice on what to look for and expect and any info on maintenance and upkeep would be great

C Nash

first time buyer

look for any signs of water leaks. take a ice pick and probe around inner walls and coners. Any sort spots indicate rotted wood and it can lead to major expense to repair. Check tires and replace them if they are 5 to 7 year old regardless of tread deepth. Hook to shore power and ck all appliances. Ck all plumbing for leaks and proper operation. Fill holding tanks and fresh water tank to inspect for leaks. Ck top of rv for any signs of pacthing or repair. Ck around all windows for signs of leaks. Ck tires for uneven wear. Pack wheel brgs. Seal all seems. Don't forget to ck furnace and hot water heater. Dirt daubers or bad to build their nest in them. Good luck

horsem

first time buyer

Any reson why you don't like the Fleetwood product and if not what other manufactures do you prefer

Gary B

first time buyer

Hi horsem, everybody has a brand they don't care for, we've had several Fleetwood rv's and they have been excellent, we no problems with either one and were better than a coulpe of other supposedly high line rigs. Check as Chelse has posted and don't get in a hurry go back and look it over at least twice, ask questions, any rv requires regular yearly maintenance, as Chelse post check it over for water leaks open all and every cabinet and closet for tell tale signs of water damage, if it has signs of leakage go looking for a differnent trailer. Good luck with the search. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve:

confused

first time buyer

OK this is a test, first of all I'm sure if I'm actually in a chat room and secondly I'm a first time RV owner of a 93 Winnabago BRave motor home and I'm looking for people who I can talk to about it and RVing. If anyone is out there I need help! signed confused.