Flagstaff bound

utmtman

I am pulling out of Petrified Forest National Park today and heading to Flagstaff, Az for some rv repairs and to do some shopping. Will be there at least thru Monday the 1st. Than I am heading to Bouse, Az for a few months and to attend the rv and other shows in Quartzite the end of January and first part of Feb.

H2H1

Re: Flagstaff bound

Well all I can say be careful, you know how the weather is in Flaggstaff. Sorry to hear you got problem with you ride, I hope it is minor and not to expensive. We will heading back that way in the spring and hope tp bump into you again. Next year we are heading up to Rapid city SD for a few weeks. ANYWAY BE CAREFUL and take care .

DL Rupper

Hey Lee, expect a mad house in Quartsite. We were just there and by observing all the RV hookups and BLM land it looks like it will be quite the event. There were quite a few RV'ers there already.

The recent Highways/Trailerlife mags predicted 150,000 RV'ers. Not sure it will be that big this year with the economy the way it is.

We are heading out of Elephant Butte, NM tomorrow and will probably stop by the Big Bend Nat'l Park in Texas before driving (w/o RV) up to Ohio for Christmas.

Take care and be careful.

tinkerer

RE: Flagstaff bound

Maybe we can hook up sometime as we hope to be in Brenda sometime around the 20th of January. Sometimes we ride our quads to Bouse and eat at the Cafe there. Good luck on your trip and repairs. ;)

G

RE: Flagstaff bound

Lee ,, have a safe trip .. and soak up some sun for me ;) ,, i,, as others hope u don't have a major repair on the rv ,, but get it fixed and have fun ,, wish i were in u'r shoes :disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove:

Kirk

Lee, have a great time at Quartzsite. Been there and done that but it really isn't our cup of tea. We like the desert but not crowds so probably won't go back.

We are spending our winter in south Florida at Everglades Natl. Park. Today has been a few showers with a high of 72 degrees.

utmtman

Kirk, I dont like crowds either but we are doing this for the first time and figure with all the rv companies folding this year this may be a thing of the past pretty quick. Second we have a friend and his wife from back home who asked us to join them down there, they went down the day after the elections and have our two places ready and paid for so we is going to join up with them and check it out.
Tinkerer, give me a shout when you get down there and we will get with ya and pour a cup on ya.
RV is fixed and we are on the road again tomorrow headed to Bouse.

DL Rupper

Hey Lee, it's a place to see and do at least once. We have never been there when it really gets going, but have been there twice in Nov, so we got a hands on feel of what it would be like when everybody showed up. Make sure you have plenty of fresh produce before you get there. Best I could figure out is that you would need to take a trip to near-by Blythe for decent grocery shopping at least once a week. Have fun.

utmtman

I have bought a months worth of food and will run to Parker once or twice a month for anything else we may need like the parishables.

Blueeyes

Could one of the posters give some more information regarding the event at Quartzsite? My dh and & have been to several places in AZ & NM but I am not familar with this area. Is it an RV Show or what?